Author Topic: Vanson Jacket for a knothead  (Read 5197 times)

Offline gnique

• Arena
  • Take BIG bites! Moderation is for monks!
Vanson Jacket for a knothead
« on: November 25, 2015, 01:22:17 PM »
I have a Vanson jacket that fits small on me. I wear a 44. I got it used and I just don't like it. I would appreciate anyone who honestly knows someone that needs a good jacket but is in a tight money spot and that you recommend to help me out here. I don't need the jacket and I really don't need $100. I would rather just give it to some young kid that can use it but can't afford it. I will take your word for it. I have no idea how to do this so respond to this post and I will send it to whoever you all recommend. I just have the one so don't get pissed if your guy comes in second.

Probably ALL of us old bastards have some equipment that we no longer want or need but some kid could use but can't afford. I know that it is more of a pain in the butt to try to sell it for a few bucks than it is to just give it to someone who needs it. My thinking is that someone on a 1999 Katana probably needs it more than a guy on a 2016 S1000RR. Anyway, it IS after the time of year when we are encouraged to remember our humanity and consider the extent of our charity. My idea is to pick, package and ship on my dime. Figger a useless (to me) jacket, thirty bucks to ship and I'm good. Don't get me wrong here! I am NOT trying to be some sort of a NICE old fart! Cause I ain't! Hell! Neither are YOU! I got riding jackets up my wazoo and I wear two or three of them. Who needs that? They just sort of collected over the years (a LOT of years). I got pants, gloves and boots that I don't ever wear or care about anymore. You? And on top of all that I don't know any 17 - 25 year old, broke, knothead bike riders. None of my kids ride and they are old enough now that they all BETTER be able to afford a piece of used equipment!

I'm thinking that if the US Jarheads can round up toys for kids why can't the Old Bastards around here give a 19 year old on a 1995 Japanese Whatever 600 POS a pair of Draggon jeans that we can't get our fat asses into anymore. Let me know.

Offline Organdonor

• Benjammin'
Re: Vanson Jacket for a knothead
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 02:56:03 PM »
I have a co worker who rides almost year round here in CT because he and his wife can't afford two cars. He has a helmet, but no dedicated riding jacket, and rides a Ninja 250. I'll take it for him if allowed.... and even chip in to cover shipping because I CAN afford it.

Awesome attitude you have... wish more people had it. Though, that being said, I've found that motorcycles tend to attract a lot of quality people.
Ben Jammin'
New London, CT
Current: 09 C14 ABS & 2 KLR650's
Past: 87 CBR1000F; 97 CBR1100XX Blackbird; 07 GL1800

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 03:23:17 PM »
Thanks guys, more things to be thankful for. Nicely done.
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline gnique

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 04:28:46 PM »
Organdonor: Check the size he wears and get back with me. I have a pair (maybe two) of draggon and Aerostitch jeans with kevlar and knee armor. I think that they are 34, maybe 32, that I don't wear because I just don't like the way they fit. I am not at home so it will be a day or two or three before I can check. Same deal applies as before.  We ought to make this a thing. It ain't much but we'll get a lot more out of it than we will put into it. That being the way this sort of thing works. And the great thing about it is that we can STILL be Old Bastards and not loose our reputation! "Hey!! I ain't being all nice and generious! I am just tryn' to get RID of these jeans cause they don't fit an they are takin' up too much room!" See how slick that is!!!? ncj

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 05:32:53 PM »
 :'(   Brings me to tears...seriously.  This can be a wonderful place.  :thumbs: :goodpost: :hail:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 08:21:38 PM »
Thanks for this thread.  Awesome! 
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Organdonor

• Benjammin'
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 09:08:09 PM »
They fit! I'll them all to redistribute.. Merry Christmast  to all!

PMinbound
Ben Jammin'
New London, CT
Current: 09 C14 ABS & 2 KLR650's
Past: 87 CBR1000F; 97 CBR1100XX Blackbird; 07 GL1800

Offline Flat-spot

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 12:17:16 AM »
 :hail: :hail: :hail:   Good stuff right there!!!

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 08:57:55 AM »
Awesome thread, keep it up! Respect!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 09:21:50 AM »
I've got two leather jackets I'm going to send to my brother in law and if he can't wear them then I'm asking him to try to find someone to give them to in his group of riders.

Also, if anyone needs gear that can't afford them in the F'burg VA area let me know via PM...  I've got spare coats that I don't wear any more.  The chain mail and armor I'm keeping.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline dude412

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 09:49:45 AM »
Makes you proud to be a biker. My old deceased favorite Uncle said bikers were noble.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 06:52:52 AM »
 :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gnique

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 12:49:01 PM »
OK. I found another jacket and another pair of kevlar pants. How sad is that!!? I just got back home yesterday. I got only one guy who had a riding friend who could use the stuff. It is all going to New London, CT by UPS here inna minit. Happy Holidays.

Offline PolterGeist

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 11:50:42 AM »
Hello... Great thread.. My son just started riding and could use a good jacket or pants if you come across anymore.. He is a 42 chest and 32 waist.... Merry Christmas..
2014 Candy Cardinal Red Connie

Offline gnique

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2015, 06:51:10 AM »
So what ever happened with the stuff that I mailed? Did it get there? Could the guy use it?

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2015, 12:02:18 PM »
Now that you mention it, I've got a patchwork leather jacket that's 10 years old, but the zipper's a heavy duty truck-draggin' thing and it's got a liner, not to mention a gun pocket.

I'd be happy to donate the thing and I definitely wanna retain my Old Bastard status.  :finger_fing11:
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2015, 12:48:24 PM »
Very nice though gnique. :salute:

I am NOT trying to be some sort of a NICE old fart! Cause I ain't! Hell! Neither are YOU!

I feel as if you know me.  ;D