Author Topic: Vented Ultra Tour  (Read 2168 times)

Offline royal

Vented Ultra Tour
« on: August 14, 2011, 12:40:29 PM »

I have been running with a Cee Bailey Ultra Tour.  Much better than the stock 2010 shield, but still not as good as I wanted.  So, I just put on a CalSci large.  I like some things about the CalSci more than the Ultra Tour, and some things I like better on the Ultra Tour (Isn't that always the way ?).

Anyway, has anyone cut a vent in an Ultra Tour ?  I think that done correctly, that could make the Ultra Tour even better.  And, does anyone out there have the skills and the equipment to cut a vent and make it look good ?  I would be willing to pay someone to have this done. 

Royal
The Road Goes On Forever....

Offline Tactical_Mik

• Lamh laidir an Uachtar
Re: Vented Ultra Tour
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 02:14:21 PM »
I don't have the equipment or the skills but if someone did, they may be able to cut the vent on three sides then use some heat to fold it down slightly.  I have used windscreens with vents like this and they offer less buffeting behind the shield and direct the air in an upward direction toward the upper abdom./chest area.
T.S.R.

Offline MrFurious

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
Jim B.
COG #9642
2009 C14 - Black - Non-ABS
Insanity is not as easy as I make it look!

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 08:38:11 AM »
One option:  http://www.gadgetjq.com/lj_windshield_vent.htm
beat me to it! I was going to suggest a GW vent.

I have both models of Cee Bailey windshields-- I use the taller one for longer trips, and am thinking of installing a GW vent in it...

If I screw it up, it's OK because I can use the smaller one just as easily.
sadly bikeless..... but I'm working on that!

Offline MrFurious

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 08:50:11 AM »
Another option is to purchase a couple replacement Snap-Vents for the old Vetter Fairings.  Installation just requires a 3-1/4" hole saw.  The only downside is you'd have to be careful where you placed them due to their depth when closed to ensure your windshield would retain it's full range of motion.

http://craigvetter.com/pages/Online_Store/Replacement_Parts/Details.html#Anchor-Original-46384

Jim B.
COG #9642
2009 C14 - Black - Non-ABS
Insanity is not as easy as I make it look!