Author Topic: Peg Spring  (Read 1292 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Peg Spring
« on: April 02, 2022, 08:44:25 PM »
OK, here is a first for the forum-  Apparently the spring on my left peg broke.  Now it pulls up when my heel is dragging on it.  Surprisingly annoying, and perhaps even a safety hazard.

I guess I have to look for a replacement spring?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Peg Spring
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 01:51:59 PM »
Kawasaki doesn't have one?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline zrx mitch

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 02:08:45 PM »
92145-0360
IBA #18591

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 04:39:08 PM »
92145-0360

https://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/partsearch/kawasaki?partsearch=92145-0360
https://www.partzilla.com/search?q=92145-0360&ui=typeahead

Yep. Around $3  And then $10 shipping :(  Same at all places I checked.  I guess that is to be expected.  I will probably order it soon, along with a gas cap.  Ug, I guess I have to drag up that subject again.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline FTB530

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2022, 06:23:15 PM »
There is a guy on the facebook COG page who has a plethora of parts , Jim Monahan.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 03:03:28 PM »
OK, the parts came in.  Easy fix, remove c-clip, remove smooth bolt, clean and apply lithium around, then put it back.  Although getting the peg through the spring while also trying to get it up to the spring arm hole was a pain.  The left peg vs. right peg are different part numbers.

Since if I bought more I would get free shipping, I decided to throw in a new rubber peg cover and installed that also, since my left one was significantly worn.  It works on either side, is held by two Philips screws.  Way too expensive.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 02:35:13 AM »
I looked at Kawa prices when my footpeg rubbers got worn, but the prices are stupid for what they are.
In the end I bought these pegs https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322481081889
Look and feel like OEM but somewhat cheaper, and come with springs.
Seem to wear well too. Currently have 15k miles on them.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2022, 05:34:13 AM »
I looked at Kawa prices when my footpeg rubbers got worn, but the prices are stupid for what they are.

That is an understatement.  The rubber things were $22 for ONE!

In the end I bought these pegs https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322481081889
Look and feel like OEM but somewhat cheaper, and come with springs.
Seem to wear well too. Currently have 15k miles on them.

Wow, that is an about 1/10th the price, if you add up all the parts.  It is too bad nobody just makes a clone of just the rubber.