Author Topic: Why is ZG's goodbye post locked?  (Read 18303 times)

Offline MrPepsi

Why is ZG's goodbye post locked?
« on: December 08, 2015, 02:37:16 PM »
Can't put in my 2 cents.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Why is ZG's goodbye post locked?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 02:43:32 PM »
You can start another one here if you want.  Maybe that one will be more civil than the first.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 02:53:05 PM »
It had a dusting of rudeness, but it was recovering.
No reason to lock it, but it is a reason to give people suspensions like normal forums.
Its a wonder why this forum has lost its luster lately.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 04:24:44 PM »
Really?  Do tell.  What luster is missing?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 05:48:57 PM »
I had luster once. The doc gave me a cream for it.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 07:16:13 PM »
MEH, I'm done. Just not worth it any longer.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 07:35:23 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  We've enjoyed your participation here.  If you want to send me anything off line, please do so.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 08:41:49 PM »
nar·cis·sism
ˈnärsəˌsizəm/
noun
excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance.
synonyms:   vanity, self-love, self-admiration, self-absorption, self-obsession, conceit, self-centeredness, self-regard, egotism, egoism
"his emotional development was hindered by his mother's narcissism"
PSYCHOLOGY
extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type.
PSYCHOANALYSIS
self-centeredness arising from failure to distinguish the self from external objects, either in very young babies or as a feature of mental disorder.

I see ZG responding to this little flaw in someone's disrespectful post.

Offline Jimmy Lucas

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 08:59:01 PM »
I aggre its to bad his goodbye thread got closed, i didnt see anything wrong with his comment, no bad words. I will miss him and his humer and pics and crazy attitude.  :(

God speed zg!  :chugbeer:

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 06:13:33 AM »
I'm sure he will check in from time to time.  8)

As far as the comment, I found it quite funny. But I'm not surprised the thread got locked.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 08:18:18 AM »
That thread got locked too fast, IMO. IIRC Jay posted his thoughts to another member about that member's know-it-all, abrasive posts, and another member agreed. I thought it was good that said member got to read what a couple members think about his posts. I don't think it got ugly, just honest. Must we all get along 100% of the time?

Could un-lock it and state "OK, that's enough - Thread lock threat in effect." ... cuz at this point you've canned the exit thread of one of this forum's most flamboyant members. Of course I'm referring to his flamboyant bike  :P

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2015, 09:04:08 AM »
I was looking forward to seeing Jay's mods to his new bike. I might have to find him on a KTM forum just to watch the fun.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2015, 09:28:50 AM »
It had a dusting of rudeness, but it was recovering.
No reason to lock it, but it is a reason to give people suspensions like normal forums.
Its a wonder why this forum has lost its luster lately.

MEH, I'm done. Just not worth it any longer.

Sorry to see you go, but I understand (why someone would leave a forum) as I pretty much have given up on the other forum for different reasons. At least until some changes are made over there.
I disagree with you about a thread lock vs suspension. If I say something that a mod doesn't like I would rather have the thread locked than get suspended. To suspend Jay instead of locking the thread would (IMO) pretty much guarantee that he'd never check back in with us, most of us hope he does check back in from time to time. (and you as well MrP'). No forum is perfect for everyone, here I can go back and delete/modify my very first post and I pay nothing, over there my posts have become the property of COG even though I pay dues. Here there are no favorites (that I can detect based on moderator actions, although I'm sure there are favorites as mods are human) and the thread was not locked because the mod likes the west Texas guy more than the Oregon guy, but rather because of name calling.
(at least I think that is why it was locked, the piling on {myself included} may have helped, but there was some pressure build up and Jay's remarks opened the valve that some of us wanted to open but didn't. V'Jim just closed it before it became a flood.)

I was looking forward to seeing Jay's mods to his new bike. I might have to find him on a KTM forum just to watch the fun.
DITTO, post some links when you find them.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2015, 10:44:14 AM »
I had luster once. The doc gave me a cream for it.

Don't look now but you might want to get that 'script refilled ASAP.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 12:49:37 AM »
That thread got locked too fast, IMO. IIRC Jay posted his thoughts to another member about that member's know-it-all, abrasive posts, and another member agreed. I thought it was good that said member got to read what a couple members think about his posts. I don't think it got ugly, just honest. Must we all get along 100% of the time?

Could un-lock it and state "OK, that's enough - Thread lock threat in effect." ... cuz at this point you've canned the exit thread of one of this forum's most flamboyant members. Of course I'm referring to his flamboyant bike  :P

THIS, there should have been a "cool it" warning.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 04:11:35 AM »
Why is it that Jay is the one you think would get suspended.  He responded to the condemnation from the other user.  In a forum where suspensions happen the starter would get suspended, or both.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 04:26:47 AM »
If someone wants to create a new thread on the subject of ZG leaving the C14 fold they can.  They can also create a thread on his new bike in this board. 

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 11:42:44 AM »
Why is it that Jay is the one you think would get suspended.  He responded to the condemnation from the other user.  In a forum where suspensions happen the starter would get suspended, or both.

If that was addressed to my post, then here is my reasoning. Jay called the other poster a name first. The other poster said things about Jay's new bike but not about Jay himself. Jay called him a tool, the tool..er the other poster called Jay a sissy, then Jay referenced the tool the other poster treating others like an a-hole and then quoted some names that the tool other poster had been called on another forum. Jay then called the tool other poster a tool again and recommended that he stop acting like an idiot. Then some others (including myself) sorta piled on...that's when the thread was locked instead of suspending anyone.  Perhaps I'm wrong, maybe they would both get suspended, but I thought a thread lock was the way to go. The only side I'm taking here is that a thread lock is better than a suspension as it targets the conversation rather than the individuals. Now as to the other stuff, should a warning be first or the thread lock too quick.....well I don't pay any dues here so I don't have much of a say ....I think of this place being run fairly evenhandedly by a benevolent dictator (and his trusted assistants) who could just pull the plug on all of this at anytime. I wouldn't want that to happen.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 01:48:55 PM »
This is getting hilarious. Wonder if ZG ever gets embarrassed by all the adulation being heaped on him. (bromance, man-crush or whatever clever label the kids use these days....)
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 02:47:21 PM »
I didn't realize this was a suspension thread. I would really like to have a new one but I don't do enough to justify it. I guess I should put more effort into it. I'm due for a vacation.