Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853498 times)

Offline sf bay rider

• Humble student of the ZG1400
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #820 on: March 07, 2015, 09:30:10 PM »
I picked up my new red color 2014 ZG1400 . Had all the farkles transferred from the 2009 to the new motor.  Rode it home, the long way. About a hundred miles or so. Then proceeded to put on the new "Real Time Industries" Panier reflective stickers. The Givi top box and checked to make sure the brake lights worked. Installed the new "Grip Puppies" and "Throttle Rocker"  Re-torqued the MC Enterprises Crash guards fore and aft. Clean the new motor and put her away for the night.  Tomorrow Tech Spec "Sharkskin" tank protectors and a new front "Fenda Extenda" and that should round out the farkle installation.  Then a nice ride to recheck all the systems. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:37:19 AM by sf bay rider »
Jack

2014 Red ZG1400CEFL

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #821 on: March 07, 2015, 09:41:57 PM »
^^^^ SWEET! !!!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #822 on: March 07, 2015, 11:54:09 PM »
Took it off the stands, installed the battery, set the clock and windshield presets, started it and listened to that sweet sound. Ahhhhhhhh missed that
Chipped and salted a length of ice in the alley to get it out to the street for tomorrow. 
 8) ;D ;D therapy session tomorrow, Couple hours on the highway should do nicely.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #823 on: March 08, 2015, 07:22:01 AM »
I picked up my new red color 2014 ZG1400 . Had all the farkles transferred from the 2009 to the new motor.  Rode it home, the long way. About a hundred miles or so. Then proceeded to put on the new "Real Time Industries" Panier reflective stickers. The Givi top box and checked to make sure the break lights worked. Installed the new "Grip Puppies" and "Throttle Rocker"  Re-torqued the MC Enterprises Crash guards fore and aft. Clean the new motor and put her away for the night.  Tomorrow Tech Spec "Sharkskin" tank protectors and a new front "Fenda Extenda" and that should round out the farkle installation.  Then a nice ride to recheck all the systems.
Spelling police here. It's brake lights.
Unless you have a light for when you smoke a  cigar.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline sf bay rider

« Reply #824 on: March 08, 2015, 11:38:02 AM »
Spelling police here. It's brake lights.
Unless you have a light for when you smoke a  cigar.

Noted and edited. Thank you. Now time to put on the new" Sharkskin" tank protectors and ride.
Jack

2014 Red ZG1400CEFL

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #825 on: March 08, 2015, 01:55:44 PM »
OMG what a pretty day- finally got in a ride (all the snow and freezing rain and such gone).  66 - 70F, sunny, roads mostly clear.  100 miles of happy-face :)  Spring fever......
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #826 on: March 08, 2015, 02:19:15 PM »
OMG what a pretty day- finally got in a ride (all the snow and freezing rain and such gone).  66 - 70F, sunny, roads mostly clear.  100 miles of happy-face :)  Spring fever......
Didn't you have even an inkling of using the banana, Max?
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #827 on: March 08, 2015, 02:25:58 PM »

OK fine... but now I have to go wash the car!

:banana :banana :banana
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #828 on: March 08, 2015, 02:34:46 PM »
OK fine... but now I have to go wash the car!

:banana :banana :banana

Feeling dirty after using the bananas?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #829 on: March 08, 2015, 03:55:36 PM »
Feeling dirty after using the bananas?

No, after all this weather stuff.  I knew there was a car under there somewhere....

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #830 on: March 08, 2015, 04:47:42 PM »
2 hrs of the best therapy known to man.
Ahhhhhh  8) that felt good. Nothing like a good highway run to clear the cobwebs.

Offline Cruise Missile

« Reply #831 on: March 08, 2015, 04:53:23 PM »
Yup. I agree, nice 200km Hwy run does a soul good. I had to see if the Dyna Beads did there job. And yea they did.

Offline sf bay rider

« Reply #832 on: March 08, 2015, 06:37:37 PM »
Performed some P.M. on the new 2014 Connie's battery today. I just picked the new bike up from the dealership yesterday.  Removed the battery housing side plate. To find a finger tip loose positive terminal and the plastic terminal boot pulled away. Leaving the positive terminal exposed.  In turn I, removed the battery and checked the terminals. Applied, corrugated auto electric tubing to all the cables. Additional cable sheathing protection is a good thing. Based on a prior experience with the 09 Connie. Tightened the terminal fittings and applied white lithium grease to the terminals. Tightened up the ground wires and applied lithium grease to them as well.  Replaced the side plate and plastic fitting. Hand tightened. Started the motor and checked all instrument readouts.  A brief ride to recheck settings and systems. All systems operational.

Applied the new "Tech Spec Snakeskin"  to the gas tank and lower leg areas. Applied an additional set to the panniers.  The only thing left to add is the "Fenda Extenda"  I'm still waiting for that to arrive.  My two wheeled mistress, is road ready.

More as things develop.

Jack
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 08:02:50 PM by sf bay rider »
Jack

2014 Red ZG1400CEFL

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #833 on: March 08, 2015, 06:46:29 PM »
Yup. I agree, nice 200km Hwy run does a soul good. I had to see if the Dyna Beads did there job. And yea they did.

I had to look twice...I thought for a second it read 200km/hr.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Cruise Missile

« Reply #834 on: March 08, 2015, 07:20:54 PM »
I wish, the local speed tax collectors frown on that kind of behavior.  >:(

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #835 on: March 08, 2015, 07:21:53 PM »
It's only a 136mph...quite doable.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #836 on: March 08, 2015, 07:41:47 PM »
  That and much more, especially with our Gen 1's... Speed demons, right??!!  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Dan Forker

« Reply #837 on: March 08, 2015, 07:46:54 PM »

Installed my ECU after Guhl reflash and took the bike for a ride. Unbelievable! Wish I had done that a year ago. Best mod I have made to the bike. Now it runs like it should have all along if the EPA would have allowed it. I would recommend the Guhl reflash to any C14 owner.

Fork

Offline tomp

« Reply #838 on: March 08, 2015, 07:51:02 PM »
Installed my ECU after Guhl reflash and took the bike for a ride. Unbelievable! Wish I had done that a year ago. Best mod I have made to the bike. Now it runs like it should have all along if the EPA would have allowed it. I would recommend the Guhl reflash to any C14 owner.

Fork
Still have the flies?  Just a reflash?  tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline amphibsailor

• Just call me Cap'n Crunch, Ted.
« Reply #839 on: March 08, 2015, 08:08:02 PM »

120 mph, right? 100km = 60m
09 Concours aka Cruncher: Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 lines, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg on the way),  Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.