Author Topic: got bit by the Ducati bug  (Read 10622 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: got bit by the Ducati bug
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
Yes.  Race replicas are very uncomfortable for most people if you are not actively riding them. 

I guess some people buy them to just show them off on forums, but obviously lather bought it to enjoy the twisties.  I couldn't tell his location from his post, so I was wondering if he lived in IL or FL where curves are few and far between and twisties are non-existant.  LOL!

That is no replica, and not all of us are too old to be "somewhat short term" comfy on a race bike.  8)
I agree that would be such a waste for states cursed with too many straight roads, and rolling the throttle too hard on that bad boy will put a rider on their butt!!!  ;D
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 11:00:32 AM »

That is no replica, and not all of us are too old to be "somewhat short term" comfy on a race bike.  8)
I agree that would be such a waste for states cursed with too many straight roads, and rolling the throttle too hard on that bad boy will put a rider on their butt!!!  ;D

Shoot, I see 20 years olds pull over more than they are riding!  They run a 5 minute road and then pull over and talk about it for 15 minutes.  Rinse and repeat.  ;D
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 12:08:35 PM »
^^^^Good point^^^^  :thumbs:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 12:13:09 PM »
Young guys get excited and like to talk, nothing wrong with that. Us old guys like to talk too but we can wait for the next gas stop. This Ducati thing started when I did a track day on my old VFR after having done 30 or so on my SV650 but sold it last year after our local track went out of business. Then they built a new track near New Orleans which is not too far from me and I could not resist the call.  I had a good time on the VFR but I could not keep up with any of the 600s or even my old SV. I started looking for another track bike. I have been practical and frugal most of my adult life, now at 61 I decided to splurge a little. Never was hung up on Ducatis but now I have fallen in love. It is certainly not a comfortable bike but so far the excitement seems to be masking the pain pretty well. I did  65 miles yesterday and even used it to snag a bonus for the BMR rally. The 1098 is really great for buzzing around the hilly back roads here  in Happy Land. (Feliciana)
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 06:55:29 AM »

There is a guy I know who has one, and his nickname is "turn-one" because after that, you may not see him again till the end of race. The stock race exhaust for the Panigale is already intense, I cannot imagine an aftermarket that would sound any better or make much better music. Other than the sound of the V4, a race twin is just plain sexy.

a buddy of mine has a 916 SP fitted with Termignoni's. He keeps her in a shed made of tin in the south of Munich. When he fires it up, the Polish run to the basement  ;D
It makes the Remus in my C14 sound like an ant fart.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline spatten

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2014, 02:18:50 AM »
Wow!  Nice acquisition, enjoy!