Author Topic: Silence is golden?  (Read 2150 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Silence is golden?
« on: September 16, 2018, 08:28:45 AM »
The silence on the zggtr forums is deafening....  it isn't often we go DAYS without a single message on the main forums.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Silence is golden?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 11:08:53 AM »
Looking at the stats the traffic count is still up. I guess we've got all the c14 and c10 problems covered.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 01:11:25 PM »
So then now we are on to population control and world peace?

Brian

Looking at the stats the traffic count is still up. I guess we've got all the c14 and c10 problems covered.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 01:19:39 PM »
Got that covered too. Buy everybody a gun and a motorcycle.  8)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 04:32:17 PM »
That does not / has not worked and will not work in the future. Just not enough people killing other people to get anywhere near balance in population in the world.

A modern plague might work though, especially considering air travel will show us a contagion spread like we have NEVER seen before. Something like the "Spanish Flu of 1918" but underwritten with mass air transport. Not that there are not downsides to that too, though.

Sorry, just my gallows humor coming to the surface. Kinda' like when I asked the anesthesiologist to 'not be cheap and spare the electrolyte' on the paddles 'cause I did not want to wake up with burn marks on my chest as well as a cast on my arm. Seemed funny to me. Not so much to him but a couple of 'old man' jokes brought him around..... and nope, no burn marks when I woke up.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

Got that covered too. Buy everybody a gun and a motorcycle.  8)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 04:52:12 AM »
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 09:12:44 AM »
When I first saw the title of this thread pop up on on the new post list, and whom started it, I thought it was going to be about mufflers. I was sure it would be max' extolling the greatness of the stock muffler, and how any slip on just wouldn't add any noticeable performance.  It would add noise however. I was about to jump on the bandwagon with max' but alas no, he showed restraint and took another path.
So I guess noise is OK on the forum, as it gives the mods something to do. Noise on the bikes however is not relished except by immature little boy/men that never out grew the balloons and baseball cards (or whatever) rubbing on their bicycle spokes to make motor noises. ...Does that about sum it up max'?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 02:29:55 PM »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 03:35:21 PM »
[......] ...Does that about sum it up max'?

Well, not exactly, but the spirit is there.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 05:19:11 PM »
When I first saw the title of this thread pop up on on the new post list, and whom started it, I thought it was going to be about mufflers. I was sure it would be max' extolling the greatness of the stock muffler, and how any slip on just wouldn't add any noticeable performance.  It would add noise however. I was about to jump on the bandwagon with max' but alas no, he showed restraint and took another path.
So I guess noise is OK on the forum, as it gives the mods something to do. Noise on the bikes however is not relished except by immature little boy/men that never out grew the balloons and baseball cards (or whatever) rubbing on their bicycle spokes to make motor noises. ...Does that about sum it up max'?

Didja havta go and insult my ole'lady? >:(

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 05:39:22 PM »
Didja havta go and insult my ole'lady? >:(

Hah!  I sometimes hear a high-pitched whining noise when I am out for a ride.  Then I realize that sound is coming from me as I sit in traffic...

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 06:53:56 PM »
Hah!  I sometimes hear a high-pitched whining noise when I am out for a ride.  Then I realize that sound is coming from me as I sit in traffic...

back in the early 80's, when i was shooting tournament archery, and could ask for my line position, I always placed myself next to the best archers in the competition.. and I wore my 'club' shirt that had on the back, in large kawasaki green letters, "DO THE SOUNDS IN MY HEAD BOTHER YOU?"...

really worked well, I must admit. I'm the dude in the bottom right photo, with the big black beard, staring upwards laughing, because my 'nemesis' just shot an arrow into MY target,,,
Semper Fi.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..