Author Topic: New Member  (Read 3267 times)

Offline Eddie R

« on: October 04, 2014, 04:55:22 AM »
Hello,  This is my third Connie.  First was a 2k red I got in trade for my Nomad.  Traded the 2k for a Voyager.  The second one was bought to flip.  Went through 3 BMW's.  Got out of the bike riding.  Bug hit me again so I went back to the Connie as its "the poor man's BMW!".  Replacement parts are cheap and when you are retired, you need all the help in the $$ you can get.

I picked up my 2001 "Ole Blue" Connie from a gentlemen in Kentucky with 62k on it for $1200.  It appears the bike set outside with a cover on it for most of its life.  I have done the following to it to make it ride able for me.  Adjusted valves, synced carbs, changed all fluids, new recovery bottle, new rear brake pads, fork oil, seals replaced, all led lights, new front wheel, rebuilt clutch master cylinder.  Repaired several tabs that were broken. All in all, I am confident in the bike now and I believed I saved a little money doing the work my self.

I live in Fuquay Varina, NC where the riding is almost year round except for the occasional sprinkle of snow.

Ride Safe,

Eddie

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 05:01:57 AM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 08:32:53 AM »
Nice looking ride, E.R.. Welcome to the forum. :chugbeer:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 08:46:29 AM »
Hello,  This is my third Connie.  First was a 2k red I got in trade for my Nomad.  Traded the 2k for a Voyager.  The second one was bought to flip.  Went through 3 BMW's.  Got out of the bike riding.  Bug hit me again so I went back to the Connie as its "the poor man's BMW!".  Replacement parts are cheap and when you are retired, you need all the help in the $$ you can get.

I picked up my 2001 "Ole Blue" Connie from a gentlemen in Kentucky with 62k on it for $1200.  It appears the bike set outside with a cover on it for most of its life.  I have done the following to it to make it ride able for me.  Adjusted valves, synced carbs, changed all fluids, new recovery bottle, new rear brake pads, fork oil, seals replaced, all led lights, new front wheel, rebuilt clutch master cylinder.  Repaired several tabs that were broken. All in all, I am confident in the bike now and I believed I saved a little money doing the work my self.

I live in Fuquay Varina, NC where the riding is almost year round except for the occasional sprinkle of snow.

Ride Safe,

Eddie

Good looking ride for a little coin.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 10:46:06 AM »

Welcome Eddie!    Your garage is way too clean  ;)

Offline Eddie R

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 05:37:10 PM »
Went to a yard sale today.  Pick up almost new Harley Softail complete muffler and pipes for $25.  Went home and mounted then on Ole Blue.  A couple more brackets and sealing the pipes and I good to go.  So many thanks to this forum, especially to Dhidaka, his pictures and for starting the "revolution".  They have the sound I was looking for...not to loud, just a nice rumble and you certainly can't beat the price.

My garage is not the cleanest in the world, but I have a large time in it listening to music (blasting it to the neighborhood) and piddling around.

Let me go, all of a sudden I have the urge to go to a bar!!!!   ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 08:34:35 PM »
Welcome ER!  :chugbeer:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 06:58:06 AM »
Welcome to the forum. That bike looks fantastic for being 13 years old.

Offline Little Joe

• Shoot first, ask questions later!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 07:10:22 PM »
Welcome from a fellow 2001 Ole' Blue, I just bought mine a little more than a month ago and just hit 1k, 42.8K total. Enjoying it immensely.  Saturday I'll be circumnavigating Pikes Peak, Colorado.
- Little Joe

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 08:24:39 PM by Little Joe »

Offline Eddie R

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 09:04:51 PM »
I finished up on my Harley Softail mufflers installation today.  Sounds pretty good, not to loud, just a little more authority sounding.  Can't say there is any more HP, but just the same, it has all I want anyhow...now it just sounds like it has more HP!

Be safe around Peaks Pipe, I mean Pikes Peak!

Ride safe,

Eddie