Author Topic: bag locks  (Read 3988 times)

Offline tthompsr

• 2009 Black Concours
bag locks
« on: May 26, 2011, 11:14:51 AM »
Anybody replace their bag locks and if so was Kawasaki able to match the locks to the Ijnition and gas tank lock?

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
Re: bag locks
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 11:58:46 AM »
Okay, I'll bite . . . Why do you need to replace bag locks?

Offline jonathan

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 01:20:54 PM »
Anybody replace their bag locks and if so was Kawasaki able to match the locks to the Ijnition and gas tank lock?

Yes, some have had to replace their bags which resulted in having the new locks rekeyed to match the bike. If I remember right it took a locksmith to do it.

Offline Rawman

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »
When my bike went down (another story), the dealer was able to remove the outer door plastic and keep the bag and lock intact....
2009 Non-ABS
VStream, PR2s, AreaP Full Exhaust, Carbon Can, PC-V, BMC Air Filter, 151 Dyno'd RWhp.
'04 Honda VTX-1300C, '01 Kawasaki ZRX-1200R, '87 Yamaha VMax, '79 Kawasaki K-1000 LTD, '77 Kawasaki KZ-1000,'80 Suzuki GS-550L

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 05:08:39 PM »
Thw 08s had a latch recall. Kaw provided new latch assemplies but not including the locks. The dealers installed the old locks in the new latch assemblies. I feel sure it is the same with newer models.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline tthompsr

• 2009 Black Concours
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 06:52:07 PM »
Okay, I'll bite . . . Why do you need to replace bag locks?
dealer un-crated my new bike and found no bag locks, they ordered new locks but when they Installed them they didn't match any locks on the bike! Heck the two bags didn't even have the same key! was told we can't get matching locks, told the dealer that wasn't acceptable.
The service advisor then tells me I'll call Kawasaki in the morning.
(update, just got off the phone with the dealer I was told they ordered replacement locks that match,they ordered a replacement key for my fob which they kept and lost,and they ordered a replacement side cover for my saddle bag which they scratched installing the wrong locks) We'll see what happens.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 07:49:46 PM »
dealer un-crated my new bike and found no bag locks, they ordered new locks but when they Installed them they didn't match any locks on the bike! Heck the two bags didn't even have the same key! was told we can't get matching locks, told the dealer that wasn't acceptable.
(update, just got off the phone with the dealer I was told they ordered replacement locks that match,they ordered a replacement key for my fob which they kept and lost,and they ordered a replacement side cover for my saddle bag which they scratched installing the wrong locks) We'll see what happens.

Time to find a new dealer/shop tt IMO...

Offline tthompsr

• 2009 Black Concours
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 08:39:21 PM »

Time to find a new dealer/shop tt IMO...

I have a good dealer close to home, I went to these guys to replace my totaled 09,They still had few left-over 09 connies.

Offline Restless

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 07:45:15 AM »

WOW  :yikes:  I certainly feel your pain and frustration...stay on them to the bitter end until they make it right and I mean all the way down to fixing the scratch!  Totally unacceptable on a new bike purchase!   :nuts:
2010 Connie w/ABS

"Why is there never enough time to do the job right the first time but always enough time to do it over?"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 07:49:41 AM »

That's crazy! What's the name of this dealer?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn