Author Topic: Little work this weekend  (Read 3048 times)

Offline 2001concours

• 2001concours website
Little work this weekend
« on: June 01, 2011, 02:40:17 PM »
Even though I was sick this holiday weekend, I managed to strip off the bike panels and remove all the existing audio stuff from the trunk and battery compartment. Cut off one of the dual antenna mount and run a new dedicated power line to the dash area for the new audio location.

Still need to fix the sidemarker signal lights, burnt out flasher, valve adjust, carb sync and counterbalancer, as well as changing both tires, replacing rear rotor and pads and then buttoning everything back up.
2001 Concours with 90k miles, heavily modified.
Lots of how to images on my webshots folders
http://community.webshots.com/user/2001concours

Offline throb

Re: Little work this weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 07:32:42 PM »
If you're good with a wrench, shouldn't take much more than an hour or so. :rotflmao:
'05 Concours, SISF's 2 min jet mod and exhaust cam sprocket, snarf's block off plates, risers, SS lines, fork brace, T-Cro's stick coils & shift linkage, ZZR1200 rear shock, MS rear wheel.

Offline 2001concours

• 2001concours website
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 11:07:40 AM »
Well it turns out my body isn't as good as it used to be. Car wreck last year left me with a bum neck and shoulder, so I really get tired working on the bike. It's been weeks and I almost finished this work.

This past weekend I was almost done, only had a to attach the right side glovebox and trunk to be running, but then I realized I forgot to run the tire pressure sensor display up to the dash, and I also couldn't locate the power supply line for my radar detector either. So now I am looking at two hours of work to remove the windshield, dash and other stuff to get those working again. Crap.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 11:37:21 AM »
Well it turns out my body isn't as good as it used to be. Car wreck last year left me with a bum neck and shoulder, so I really get tired working on the bike. It's been weeks and I almost finished this work.

I constantly amaze myself with just how much of the Concours can be reached while sitting in a chair.   ;D
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline gtr1000

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 11:44:28 AM »
Strange this, but when I'm working on the bike and the wife asks how long it's gonna take, she always multiplies the time I say by a factor of six and guess what, she's always right  >:(
Paul OTP (near Windsor, GB).

06 C-10, 2009 to .....
A5 C-10, 2000 to 2009.

Offline nosaint7

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 12:03:08 PM »
Strange this, but when I'm working on the bike and the wife asks how long it's gonna take, she always multiplies the time I say by a factor of six and guess what, she's always right  >:(

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Wife did that to me for the 1st 25 years - then I started applying her "x6" to my time estimates before I said anything.  Over the last 5 years she has come to believe that I'm a much better bike mechanic than I used to be.   ;D
current: 2003 C10
past: Yamaha Vstar, Yamaha XS750, Suzuki T500, BSA 650 Lightning (yup - I'm OLD!)

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 01:12:23 PM »
A good way to determine the time it will take to complete a 'simple' project on the Connie is: (ETx2)+MOT
You take the Estimated Time (ET) multiply that by two.  Then add the next Measurement Of Time (MOT).
A one hour job should take 2 days. It gets real tricky if you factor in B3 (the Beer factor)
(ETx2)+MOT+B3= ??? ???
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline 2001concours

• 2001concours website
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 03:20:33 PM »
Additional news, while working on the bike I found that my fairing frame was broken just aft of the left side connection to the upper frame. Since it's just a hollow tube, I sort of fixed it by driving a 3/8" socket extension into the tubes. It sort of works and at least supports the fairing on that side okay.

I found my power lead for the radar detector last night. so all I have left is to take the windshield, dash shelf, dash and left glovebox off to run the tire pressure sensor display back on top of the dash shelf.  Then I am ready to scrub in the new tires and rear rotor/pads.

Offline 2001concours

• 2001concours website
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 03:25:11 PM »
Also will need to set up USB power in right glovebox for SENA bluetooth headsets and bluetooth dongles.

Will use a Benkin Rockstar audio junction as my mixer (radar, iPod, scanner, garmin 2620 GPS audio plus phone audio output) when a dongle is in use. Normal operation I will just use my DroidX bluetooth signal. I really don't use my phone for conversations on the bike much anymore, so it made sense to have the availablity of more audio inputs into the SENA headsets.