Author Topic: a 193 MPH squid.  (Read 4692 times)

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
Re: a 193 MPH squid.
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 08:07:03 PM »

I'm with "Dweller"-I've hit 130-ish +/- several times-don't think I'll prolly ever go beyond 140 on the connie (Did 140 in my cage and still pulling). That said i've read a h*ll of a lot of threads about some serious MPHs in our little group. I also believe the "take it to the track stuff "....done it ,on bike & cage both   more fun than you'd think AND you'll learn quickly you are not and will not mess with top speed of any serious sports vehicle.

I think that leaves long straights of public roads using "best judgements" unless of course you have access to The Flats or The Texas Mile.

Its a bit nutty to me- but these thing are really fast Right??

Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline basmntdweller

• The Profile Brotherhood
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 09:17:17 PM »
I really want to do an all out speed run on my Connie. I have just never seen a road I am willing to try it on. It would have to be something like the salt flats or something where the likelihood of a critter or other thing is virtually zero. I have done 138 on a road not to far from my home. It is about a mile long straight with flat clear land on either side so no critters can come on the road without being seen. No places for Johnny Law to hide either! It isn't long enough or clear enough for much more than 140 on my Connie though.

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350
'11 Suzuki C50T wife's ride since she hates my Connie
'03 Honda CBR600RR track bike

Offline Jaxter

• Blue might not be fastest, but it's my favorite
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2012, 12:05:54 AM »
After being pulled over, Anderson claimed that he was en route to a hospital to visit a patient. He was issued 14 traffic tickets and booked into the Ulster County jail in lieu of $1500 bond (he has since been released).

Anderson's motorcycle, a 2005 Suzuki, was impounded at the scene.

from http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/motorcycle-going-193-mph-768923
I've Never Had A Better Day

Offline vman

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 11:18:54 AM »
I thought radar didnt work well in rain?    Or maybe they used a laser?

Offline Elfmaze

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 12:40:26 PM »
I thought radar didnt work well in rain?    Or maybe they used a laser?

Laser works worse....