Author Topic: Corona Virus  (Read 11475 times)

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
Re: Corona Virus
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2020, 03:49:55 PM »
We celebrated our 43 wedding anniversary last week, pandemic style.

Absolutely without question congratulations to you and yours...
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2020, 04:24:15 PM »
We celebrated our 43 wedding anniversary last week, pandemic style.

congrats...

Love the space man hoodie's...
Dona and I celebrated on the 6th of April, but didn't mask up.. we're still young..

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Conrad

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2020, 06:45:20 AM »
Thank you  gentlemen!

congrats...

Love the space man hoodie's...
Dona and I celebrated on the 6th of April, but didn't mask up.. we're still young..

I think...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2020, 10:16:47 AM »
Well I guess it's going to be up to me to say it since others didn't.
Mr. C, that pot lid does wonders for your face, but it just isn't right for Mrs C.
maybe next year you wear two lids and she none? 8)

Congrats to both of you!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2020, 03:16:37 PM »
Well I guess it's going to be up to me to say it since others didn't.  Mr. C, that pot lid does wonders for your face

Oh!  I kept staring at it, trying to figure out what the hell it was!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2020, 03:32:31 PM »
Hmmm...pot and lid in the same sentence.  Sounds like some are enjoying stay at home too much methinks.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2020, 03:40:25 PM »
smoke 'em if ya got'em...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Conrad

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2020, 07:46:48 AM »
smoke 'em if ya got'em...

Self medicating during the pandemic.      :thumbs: :cool:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2020, 07:59:10 AM »
We ventured out yesterday to Menards (home improvement store similar to Lowes). This is the first time that we've gone to any store other than a grocery store since the **** has hit the fan here in Illinois. 

I saw one person without a mask, idiot.

I also saw three people who apparently don't know how to wear a damn mask properly. They did not have the mask over their nose, maybe they're mouth breathers? I almost asked them, I came thisclose. My wife would have been mortified if I had.

One of those without their noses inside the mask was a woman and she was coughing like crazy.  :o

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2020, 11:35:39 AM »
Why is a person not wearing a mask an idiot?
Did you ever wear a mask before now?
Why not?
Is there any proof wearing a mask will prevent anything?

I went to Menards twice last week. Yesterday I went and they required masks!
If you didn't have one they would gladly sell you one for a buck.
Where are they getting so many masks? Are these masks certified as being medical grade? In this area dentists closed and gave their masks to doctors. Now they can't get any. But Menards can?
Why are they requiring them NOW?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2020, 02:46:05 PM »
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/covid-19-mask-efficacy-chart/

Sorry Mr. C, but perhaps he/she wasn't an idiot. However I wear a mask when out, and I stay further away from those that don't
than I do from those that do...just in case.  :-\

I was out yesterday, and while in a "Healthy grocery store" (Sprouts) I only noticed one shopper without a mask. Then I drove by an adjacent TJ Max store
that had a waiting line to get in where the folks in the line had absolutely NO masks (not one visible) and were standing on average only 3 feet apart. I think
there must be a lot of people out there that have no idea what 6ft  looks like horizontally.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2020, 04:35:33 PM »
There are cases where some people cannot wear a mask because they have pulmonary issues.  Some people will  de-saturate when forced to "rebreathe" a lot of their own exhalation.  Of course, it is more likely they just don't care.... but we can't know.

Wearing a [cloth/paper] mask inside, can be helpful.  It can help prevent the spread of droplets which typically occur from sneezing, coughing, and talking.  They are of limited to zero value outside, unless you are close to others.  Although they can help to remind people to be careful and help to remind users not to touch their nose/mouth/face with unwashed hands, which is the #1 way most viruses are spread.

Cloth/paper masks will do almost nothing to stop "airborne" viruses (those that are are not trapped in droplets).  Even N95 masks are not that effective unless they are perfectly fitted (which, from what I have seen, is rare).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2020, 07:19:58 AM »
We ventured out yesterday to Menards (home improvement store similar to Lowes). This is the first time that we've gone to any store other than a grocery store since the **** has hit the fan here in Illinois. 

I saw one person without a mask, idiot.

I also saw three people who apparently don't know how to wear a damn mask properly. They did not have the mask over their nose, maybe they're mouth breathers? I almost asked them, I came thisclose. My wife would have been mortified if I had.

One of those without their noses inside the mask was a woman and she was coughing like crazy.  :o

Why is a person not wearing a mask an idiot?
Did you ever wear a mask before now?
Why not?
Is there any proof wearing a mask will prevent anything?

I went to Menards twice last week. Yesterday I went and they required masks!
If you didn't have one they would gladly sell you one for a buck.
Where are they getting so many masks? Are these masks certified as being medical grade? In this area dentists closed and gave their masks to doctors. Now they can't get any. But Menards can?
Why are they requiring them NOW?

"Why is a person not wearing a mask an idiot?" ===> I'm assuming that they were born that way? Maybe ignorance, but more likely it's stupidity. Or perhaps she was confused by the conflicting messages from fedgov?

If you're asking why I personally think that person is an idiot. Maybe you can think on that for a moment and discover the reason for yourself? The governor of Illinois has mandated that EVERYONE MUST wear a mask when in public when a 6 foot distance can not be maintained when outside and when inside, a mask must be worn at all times.

"Did you ever wear a mask before now?" ===> I've been wearing a mask when I'm out in public since the middle of March. Why do you ask?

"Why not?" ===> Why not what?

"Is there any proof wearing a mask will prevent anything?" ===> What? No, of course not, masks do nothing at all. That's why they're used during surgery, because they do nothing to prevent the spread of microorganisms.

As for the rest of your intelligent questions? You'll have to ask the folks at Menards.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2020, 07:25:11 AM »

Sorry Mr. C, but perhaps he/she wasn't an idiot. However I wear a mask when out, and I stay further away from those that don't

I was out yesterday, and while in a "Healthy grocery store" (Sprouts) I only noticed one shopper without a mask. Then I drove by an adjacent TJ Max store
that had a waiting line to get in where the folks in the line had absolutely NO masks (not one visible) and were standing on average only 3 feet apart. I think
there must be a lot of people out there that have no idea what 6ft  looks like horizontally.

Are you saying that respiratory masks do nothing to prevent the spread of microorganisms? It appears so from your statement? Why are you wearing a mask if so?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2020, 07:36:53 AM »
There are cases where some people cannot wear a mask because they have pulmonary issues.  Some people will  de-saturate when forced to "rebreathe" a lot of their own exhalation.  Of course, it is more likely they just don't care.... but we can't know.

Wearing a [cloth/paper] mask inside, can be helpful.  It can help prevent the spread of droplets which typically occur from sneezing, coughing, and talking.  They are of limited to zero value outside, unless you are close to others.  Although they can help to remind people to be careful and help to remind users not to touch their nose/mouth/face with unwashed hands, which is the #1 way most viruses are spread.

Cloth/paper masks will do almost nothing to stop "airborne" viruses (those that are are not trapped in droplets).  Even N95 masks are not that effective unless they are perfectly fitted (which, from what I have seen, is rare).

"There are cases where some people cannot wear a mask because they have pulmonary issues.  Some people will  de-saturate when forced to "rebreathe" a lot of their own exhalation.  Of course, it is more likely they just don't care.... but we can't know." ===> Maybe a person in this condition shouldn't be out in public at all?

"Wearing a [cloth/paper] mask inside, can be helpful.  It can help prevent the spread of droplets which typically occur from sneezing, coughing, and talking.  They are of limited to zero value outside, unless you are close to others.  Although they can help to remind people to be careful and help to remind users not to touch their nose/mouth/face with unwashed hands, which is the #1 way most viruses are spread." ===> If you're outside, away from others, you don't need a mask. So it's effectiveness in this case it moot. 

"Cloth/paper masks will do almost nothing to stop "airborne" viruses (those that are are not trapped in droplets).  Even N95 masks are not that effective unless they are perfectly fitted (which, from what I have seen, is rare)." ===> I can't argue with that. The virus is much smaller than what these masks have been designed to filter out. I'm no doctor (where have you heard that before?) but I doubt that there's a ton of free floating virus particles in the air around us. I'd guess that most of those virus particles can be found in the aerosol droplets coming out of people's mouths and noses. Those particles can be filtered by masks. Perhaps not 100% but it sure is better than not wearing a mask!

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2020, 08:05:20 AM »
Are you saying that respiratory masks do nothing to prevent the spread of microorganisms? It appears so from your statement? Why are you wearing a mask if so?

No, I'm saying what was in the link I provided.

The efficacy of face masks against the spread of COVID-19 is unknown.

...and again, the reason I'm wearing a mask ...
 However I wear a mask when out, and I stay further away from those that don't

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2020, 09:19:19 AM »
"There are cases where some people cannot wear a mask because they have pulmonary issues.  Some people will  de-saturate when forced to "rebreathe" a lot of their own exhalation.
Maybe a person in this condition shouldn't be out in public at all?

Some don't have a choice.  They live alone and have nobody to get food, help with taking in their sick pet, visit the doctor, etc.  Granted, they are certainly a small number of people, but I was just making a point that there are people for whom wearing a mask isn't an option in at least some situations.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2020, 10:03:41 AM »
The IL governor.....

That right there is all the reason NOT to do it.

Doctors wear them.....and people still get sick from operations.

Still no proof the mask does anything.

You have been wearing a mask since March....why not last year or the year before or the year before....the flu killed tens of thousands every year.

I'm going to wear a paper or cloth mask to stop micro organisms....and I'm putting up a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2020, 02:48:38 PM »
The big numbers pushed are always about how many positive cases there are. So what? If you're sick stay home.  As of this morning, in southern ILL-inois, we had THREE ( 3 ) inpatients in the hospital with a viral respiratory disease but Comrade Pritzker has dictated that I still can't get a haircut. If you'all damn Yankees need to be locked down have at it but this does not require a totalitarian police state. The best way to destroy capitalism is to kill capital. Look around. We won't like the aftermath of what's being done to the economy in the name of safety. This 'lockdown' was supposed to be so the healthcare system did not get overwhelmed. It hasn't. Continuing these police state tactics shows it is no longer about our health...it's about control of people. If it was the governments' job to protect us from getting sick why is there still the flu? Why is Chairman Pritzker trying to get billions to bail out a failed state built into the 'crisis relief' bill in congress? This behavior from our so-called leaders around the country just reinforces the fact that politicians do not act in our best interest but in their own. 

So Conrad I ask you, 'Who's the bigger idiot..the guy who wasn't wearing a mask or the guy who willing follows the rest of the sheep to the slaughterhouse?' Enjoy your lockdown.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2020, 11:52:40 PM »
I'm going to wear a paper or cloth mask to stop micro organisms....and I'm putting up a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.

Can't speak for cheesecloth/fabric masks, but regulation/certified N-95 masks filter out .1 micron particles with 95% efficacy. Corona is ~.15 microns. Red blood cells ~10 microns, a human hair 10-100 microns.

I've seen the chain link fence meme too, it's a funny analogy but inaccurate. The fence would need to be on the order of 10,000 layers thick to scale to a N-95 mask, and the 'skeeters would need to be a tad larger too. Say Alaska or Minnesnowta size ;)

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org