Author Topic: And now Polygamy...  (Read 12582 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: And now Polygamy...
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2015, 02:30:04 PM »
The current income tax laws are rife with marriage benefits.  It certainly helps me out.  It would be a major re-write to change that...   Not out of the question but I don't see that happening yet.

Best solution to that would be to do away with the income tax. Worst form of tax anyway. Totally negates the right to privacy if you have to document every dime you make and negates 5th amendment in that it forces you to either pay or incriminate yourself. Replace it with consumption tax.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2015, 03:00:50 PM »
^^^ABSOLUTELY!

Currently, until you spend it, it's all ones and zeros. It's not real money. But we can't do away with the current system because of the BILLIONS of dollars the industry generates. All the accountants, software people, printers, paper producers, ink producers, etc, are a POWERFUL lobby. And do NOT forget the tax attorneys. Like everything else that pertains to Government, it is self perpetuating.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2015, 03:24:25 PM »
+1
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2015, 11:09:01 PM »
It's heating up.
In the news today is 2  gay couples are suing a Clerk that refused to issue them a marriage License.
In an attempt to not show prejudice.
She stopped issuing "any" marriage Licenses.

I believe that the Non Gays that were not issued Licenses, did not join in the litigation.

Yes, I know law of the Land, and as a Employee of the Gov. she is required to issue the licenses.
She said she refused because of her Christian beliefs.

Guess we'll have to watch and see what happens.

Ride safe, Ted

Other states should follow Utah's (yes Utah) example on this.  Essentially, each county needs to have at least one clerk/employee that is willing to issue licenses to gay/lesbian couples and is authorized to do so.  If they have one that is willing to do so, the other clerks may refuse on religious grounds, directing said couples to the person designated to issue said licenses.

It's not a perfect solution, but it seems to be working for Utah. 

As y'all may remember, Utah's 'Marriage is between a man and woman' law was struck down in Federal court not too long ago, and the subsequent solution above was agreed to by Utah's LGBT community and the religious and other types in the Utah legislature.  Utah was actually very proud of this passed legislation/solution, and I'm sure a few of you may have seen it on the national news.

Of course, while Polygamy is technically illegal in Utah, I do expect some of our underground polygamists to come out of the woodwork soon as part of the 'multiple parner marriage' thing y'all are alluding to.
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline backoutonthehighway

• More cowbell!
    • Back Out On The Highway
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2015, 12:00:55 AM »
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2015, 03:39:14 AM »

:rotflmao:   I have heard that incest is all right as long as you keep it in the family.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2015, 04:18:00 AM »
Birds and the Bees do it.....
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010