Author Topic: Is there an American made digital tire gauge?  (Read 14209 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Is there an American made digital tire gauge?
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 07:27:38 PM »
its all good kdm, corrupt union membership is declining daily anyway. I agree greedy CEO's, but union labor rates justify companies such as Boeing moving south or to China.  Union bosses have no place in society robbing workers, companies, and everyone except Joe Biden and them.

Again, its great to see membership declining daily.

Enjoy the chinese toothpaste =)
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Jaxter

• Blue might not be fastest, but it's my favorite
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 07:54:19 PM »
While I agree that we should buy products "Made In U.S.A." I do get a chuckle from the irony since you are riding a Japanese motorcycle...why didn't you buy a Harley?
I've Never Had A Better Day

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 10:39:03 PM »
While I agree that we should buy products "Made In U.S.A." I do get a chuckle from the irony since you are riding a Japanese motorcycle...why didn't you buy a Harley?
Today's Harley's are not as American as most folks think. Now if you said Victory, or the up and coming Motus, well now it would be point taken..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2011, 05:34:09 AM »
As this thread appears to be morphing into a general discussion on 'made in America' products, it might be helpful to understand what 'made in America' means....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35821593/ns/business-us_business//#.Tv2rvfldBPk

Going back to Victory, I would assume that some or all of the electronics would not be 'made' here and if the circuit cards or ECUs were, then they would be made of components not of this country.  Unless, of course, Victory doesn't use any electronics at all and is controlled by points (See below).  So while a product may be assembled here using American labor  and American sourced parts there is probably some percentage of off shore materials.  That percentage can determine if the 'American Made' moniker can be used on a product.

Update:  The V92C used Italian Brembo brakes and a British made electronic fuel injection system.....  They are still assembled in America but Polaris has outsourced some of it's production (not the Victory from what I understand) to Mexico.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2011, 03:25:22 PM »

Come on guys ........businesses runs from taxes and crazy,over-burdensome regulations wouldn't you go somewhere that was like America if there was a way??

Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline Jaxter

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2011, 05:02:12 PM »
I found the Slime digital tire pressure guage at a Local Wal-Mart (Federal Way WA)...they must be discontinuing the guage because it was marked down to $7.50. I would have bought more, but they only had one.

Offline kdm

• Arena
  • Lakeland , Florida
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 05:25:30 PM »
Jaxter -you gotta give us a bigger picture of your avatar- your'e killin' me ! Who is that ?
2001 C10  - sold
2008 C14

Offline Jaxter

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 06:31:45 PM »
I don't know who it is in the avatar. Now I am really confused...I have an analog Accu Guage (RA60X) with the 90 degree fitting, and when I check my front tire (on the Connie) it reads 43 PSI, the new digital Slime guage I just bought reads 38.8 PSI...and to help decide...the Connie reports the pressure at 47 PSI...where can I find a guage that I trust?

OK here is the avatar...enjoy

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 07:08:31 PM »
I found the Slime digital tire pressure guage at a Local Wal-Mart (Federal Way WA)...they must be discontinuing the guage because it was marked down to $7.50. I would have bought more, but they only had one.
I like the looks of that one, and was thinking of buying one, but Walmart's website reports it as out-of-stock in all the stores near me.

I have a Slime gauge that I like, though.  This one:

Easy to use on the motorcycle or car.  But I do have 85* valve stems on the bike, so almost any gauge is easy to use.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline kdm

• Arena
  • Lakeland , Florida
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2012, 09:12:22 AM »
I don't know who it is in the avatar. Now I am really confused...I have an analog Accu Guage (RA60X) with the 90 degree fitting, and when I check my front tire (on the Connie) it reads 43 PSI, the new digital Slime guage I just bought reads 38.8 PSI...and to help decide...the Connie reports the pressure at 47 PSI...where can I find a guage that I trust?

OK here is the avatar...enjoy

Holy Moly ! I think I,m in love ! (again )

Just can't let my wife find out ! ::)
2001 C10  - sold
2008 C14

Offline BudCallaghan

• Rider proficiency determines worth of horsepower
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2012, 02:16:31 AM »
Phil, you're a very clever and creative guy.  I have a couple of your products on my bike and am impressed with their usefulness and quality.  If you can't find an American tire pressure gauge to fill your needs, why don't you just go to your shop and make your own?  We know you can do it and we're all rooting for you.  Once you've created what you want you can then sell one more of your creations to those of us who want to buy American in spite of the fact that we all ride a bike form Japan. 
Never let schooling interfere with your education or your ambition.