Poll

Do you have handlebar risers and what brand (on your C14)

I do not have handlebar risers
30 (31.9%)
I have Murphs
26 (27.7%)
I have GenMar (Premier / Amotostuff / Twisted Throttle / etc)
6 (6.4%)
I have Motorcycle Larry's
5 (5.3%)
I have Helibar (Premier / etc)
19 (20.2%)
I have ProjekD
3 (3.2%)
I have ebay (Mfg Unknown)
1 (1.1%)
I also added ram balls and or power outlets to risers
4 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Voting closed: June 21, 2011, 09:35:52 AM

Author Topic: C14 (Handlebar Risers)  (Read 33376 times)

Offline dras

• Arena
  • The Invisible Man
Re: C14 (Handlebar Risers)
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2011, 10:17:38 AM »
Now the questions is........will Murph ever release the wedges to market?   :popcorn:
Never get too busy making a living that you forget to make a life.

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2011, 11:49:27 AM »
There's one other option, less-expensive, adjustable, limited production, but they work.  :)
Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline CrashKLRtoConnie

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2011, 02:51:14 PM »
There's one other option, less-expensive, adjustable, limited production, but they work.  :)

Phil,

Nice .... can you provide more details .....

Do they work with 2008 - 2011?
Any increase in vibration levels?
Stock cables and hoses?
How much?

Brent
2008 C14 GTR1400 AKA "Connie"

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2011, 03:14:50 PM »

I'm still waiting for some of the 3" ones Phil.  :popcorn:   Yep, just waiting...     Patiently waiting...     Waiting, patiently... 
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2011, 03:18:26 PM »
Glad to:

Do they work with 2008 - 2011?  :  Yes
Any increase in vibration levels?   :  Just the opposite, I get no vibration, I think the extra mass absorbs it all.
Stock cables and hoses?               :  I've made 3" & 4" versions, the 3" will work with stock hoses in a test mode but to do it   right, you must replace clutch & brake lines. I got mine from Galfer (non ABS).

How much?                                    : They are hand made and take me about a week to complete. $375
                                                        3" set pictured below

Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline CrashKLRtoConnie

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2011, 04:38:25 PM »
Impressive machining. Design Looks Strong. Cost will cause me to think about it ... hmm

Thanks Phil

BTW. Did a fast / test install of the 39 L OEM Kaw on your rack (PL Model) and it fits well, but only without the backrest attached.

Can fit both, but then cannot open the top box...

Will play with it when I get back ~ 2 weeks and order your T fasteners.

Offline MrFurious

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2011, 05:53:22 PM »
I'm running the Helibar risers w/Powerlet and ball.  Will probably end up getting Murph's wedges as well as I still get some hand/wrist pain due to the downward angle of the grips, but the risers did make a significant difference in comfort on their own.
Jim B.
COG #9642
2009 C14 - Black - Non-ABS
Insanity is not as easy as I make it look!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2011, 07:15:57 AM »
I'm running the Helibar risers w/Powerlet and ball.  Will probably end up getting Murph's wedges as well as I still get some hand/wrist pain due to the downward angle of the grips, but the risers did make a significant difference in comfort on their own.

That is my setup and plan, too.... depending on cost and if I can find/get the correct bolts.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Joncon11

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2011, 07:53:06 AM »
Murphs here. This bike was "All day long" comfortable out of the box for me so anything else is just gravy at this point. Of course i'm still kind of young and I have a long history with sport bikes so take this with a grain of salt, comfort is very subjective.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2011, 11:38:24 AM »
Murphs here. This bike was "All day long" comfortable out of the box for me so anything else is just gravy at this point. Of course i'm still kind of young and I have a long history with sport bikes so take this with a grain of salt, comfort is very subjective.

Indeed it is.  Everyone is different.  I am almost 43.  Many, many years of keyboarding has messed up my arms and wrists.  You name it- FMS, CTS, RSI, CFS, I got it.  Coupled with a weak back and not enough exercise, it is amazing I can ride at all.... thank god for Ibuprofen!  Anyway, so I am I all about anything that makes riding easier/better/more comfortable.  Riding in pain and with numb fingers just isn't all that fun.  I wouldn't last 15 minutes without bar risers...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Murph

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2011, 06:40:55 AM »

Offline CrashKLRtoConnie

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2011, 08:51:37 AM »
http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=466
Murph
COG 2769
Industry Member

THIS WILL MAKE MANY PEOPLE WAITING HAPPY!

BTW:

Any chance these can be made to lower the outside .. instead of raising the outside edge of the hand grips?

Offline Bagger

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2011, 01:46:17 PM »

BTW:

Any chance these can be made to lower the outside .. instead of raising the outside edge of the hand grips?

I'm certainly not an expert, but wonder if you just reverse the wedges ... and flip them.  This would put the right on the left and up side down.  Should do what you want, I guess.  The washers would go 180* from 3 o'clock I suppose as well.  Wouldn't hurt to try, eh?
"I'm not a vigilante ... I'm just an undocumented border patrol agent."

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2011, 04:02:37 PM »
http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=466
Murph

Kewl!

>"We will be adding bolt lengths for taller risers in the future. "

I will probably order them as soon as you have the Helibar risers bolts-included option!

Offline CrashKLRtoConnie

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2011, 04:28:17 PM »
Final post on bar risers (I installed Murphs)

Today was the good first ride with KB Murph bar risers on my c14 2008. 40 miles total 20 freeway 10 twists 10 stop and go.

Impressions:

1. Should of bought them months ago. Significant reduction in discomfort .. Wrist ... Shoulder .. Back .. 
2. Works well with cb ultra tour windscreen.
3. Product and package top notch.

Side note... Seems to decrease wind noise and buffeting for me .. Given I sit back farther .. With cb ultra tour .. Rider is 6'3" .. Stock seat .. Using murph lowering pegs

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2011, 08:25:51 PM »
Final post on bar risers (I installed Murphs)

Today was the good first ride with KB Murph bar risers on my c14 2008. 40 miles total 20 freeway 10 twists 10 stop and go.

Impressions:

1. Should of bought them months ago. Significant reduction in discomfort .. Wrist ... Shoulder .. Back .. 
2. Works well with cb ultra tour windscreen.
3. Product and package top notch.

I agree.  I have some more miles on them now.  There is no question they have greatly improved my hand comfort and reduced pain and numbness.  It is surprising what a difference such a small change makes.  Much more than I would have expected.