Author Topic: What a story  (Read 4623 times)

Offline twowheeladdict

What a story
« on: January 27, 2016, 04:06:27 AM »
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=20739.0;topicseen

You must be in marketing.

I sure hope you have other roads in mind for the catch me if you can theme, unless this is directed towards the LEOs out there.  It is pretty easy to ride 35 mph and 45 mph roads that are heavily patrolled. 

There are plenty of 55 mph roads in those mountains where you will be alone, except for the occasional local coming towards you on your side of the road because they are straightening the curves while drunk an on meth.

Good luck surviving the week without a ticket or worse.  ;)
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What a story
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 05:39:42 AM »
FYI...this isn't being put on by Sgt Mac.  This is a synopsis of a ride that Mr. Phil or Mr. Bagger is hosting.  Sgt Mac was kind enough to take the information from FB and post it here for those that either do not want nor are able to connect via FB.  If you want to attend, please PM Phil directly for additional details.

The Concours 14 Enthusiast Facebook page is hosting a week of riding based in Maggie Valley, NC. From May 6-13, 2015

Details on the Events page at:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/Concours14/
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 04:27:18 PM »
FYI...this isn't being put on by Sgt Mac.  This is a synopsis of a ride that Mr. Phil or Mr. Bagger is hosting.  Sgt Mac was kind enough to take the information from FB and post it here for those that either do not want nor are able to connect via FB.  If you want to attend, please PM Phil directly for additional details.

The Concours 14 Enthusiast Facebook page is hosting a week of riding based in Maggie Valley, NC. From May 6-13, 2015

Details on the Events page at:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/Concours14/

Thanks for clearing it up.

I have ZERO affiliation with this, just trying to help the group out...oh well, as they say, no good deed.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 04:29:47 PM »
Thanks for clearing it up.

I have ZERO affiliation with this, just trying to help the group out...oh well, as they say, no good deed.

....and to clarify, so as not to be taken further out of context, I mean this forum 'group', since some do not use facebook but still enjoy gathering with others at events.

sailor_chic

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 07:25:26 PM »
I agree about Facebook. I don't have an account and never will.  Too bad events that are posted on the FB site can't be posted on this forum. I hear there's another forum around for these bikes too.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 08:51:39 PM »
I agree about Facebook. I don't have an account and never will. ...

Funny ;) Even *this* Olde Phart is on FB, so is Omar the Impaler (T Cro). It DOES take some getting used to, and you need to be aware of your own personal security settings on FB.

Right now my 'post' profile is "world" (so anybody can read my lame posts), but only Friends of my Friends can ask me to "Friend" them. And if it gets intense, I can shut that down and revert to hermit mode where nobody can ask me to be a 'Friend'.

I used to get a few "Your buddy Hal just earned 50 points playing Angry Birds in a Tar Pit", but you can flag them so you don't see them ever again. And you can unfriend people, as well as just hide their posts.

It is a cool tool. Never say never... I had the same opinion as you. Just be aware.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 09:11:58 PM »
Had one. Not anymore....    IMO,  Fb is a giant time sucker and drama generator.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 09:23:31 PM »
...  IMO,  Fb is a giant time sucker and drama generator.

Agreed! But this forum is a time sucker too. More so if your an Admin ;)

I delete, or ignore, the drama queens/kings.

Rick

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 03:53:53 AM »
+1 on both being time suckers...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

sailor_chic

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 07:21:20 PM »
Had one. Not anymore....    IMO,  Fb is a giant time sucker and drama generator.

And the quickest way for current and future employers to use anything you say against you, for a reason to terminate employment.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 09:58:55 PM »
And the quickest way for current and future employers to use anything you say against you, for a reason to terminate employment.

Umm... This is a publicly visible venue too ;)

I like to say that Facebook may know when, and how often, you go to the can, but Google knows how many sheets of TP you use when you do.

Rick

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 12:30:14 AM »

I like to say that Facebook may know when, and how often, you go to the can, but Google knows how many sheets of TP you use when you do.

Rick

Everyone should re-read "1984" again, just like we did many decades ago.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 06:10:57 AM »

Rick

Say it ain't so, Rick.  Say it ain't so...