Author Topic: Marty wants an honest answer......  (Read 6636 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Marty wants an honest answer......
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2018, 06:22:11 AM »
We used to have a comedy series over here called "Yes Minister" (followed by "Yes Prime Minister" ) the basis of which is that it doesn't matter "who" is in "power" because it's the "career buearacrats" that are really in charge :)

Really great series!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2018, 11:39:03 AM »
Who says Trump is evil?
So far he has proven to be the opposite. And the evil of both political  parties has come out. More proof voting for a political party has never worked and never will.
The reason things dont change  is because voters refuse to change. They still think doing the same thing will get a different result.

Wasnt it Washington who said never vote for a political party because the politicians will work for the party and  not the people?
Who says the Founders were not far sighted?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2018, 04:45:08 AM »
Who says Trump is evil?
So far he has proven to be the opposite. And the evil of both political  parties has come out. More proof voting for a political party has never worked and never will.
The reason things dont change  is because voters refuse to change. They still think doing the same thing will get a different result.

Wasnt it Washington who said never vote for a political party because the politicians will work for the party and  not the people?
Who says the Founders were not far sighted?

Who said that Trump is evil? You did!

snip...

Voting for the lesser of two evils gets you exactly what you voted for. Evil. It solves nothing and exacerbates the problem.
And you all (mostly) have fallen for the two party sytem, in the belief you must vote for one of two parties. You shouldnt be goting for a plitical party.
And a vote for someone else is not a wasted vote. The problem is so many are so brainwashed into this belief they will never vote for anything other than d or r. And as long as people do this the quality of candidates will never change. Your voting for them no matter how many promises they break-and the gop is best at that-tells them to continue screwing us.
You get what you vote for.

I suppose that I'll have to explain?     ::)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2018, 09:19:23 AM »
I never said Trump was evil. I said voting for the lesser of two was still evil.
Stop twisting words like the  media does..
Conrad, you cant explain what I said because you dont have a clue of the premise.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2018, 05:05:25 AM »
I never said Trump was evil. I said voting for the lesser of two was still evil.
Stop twisting words like the  media does..
Conrad, you cant explain what I said because you dont have a clue of the premise.

That's VERY true, I don't have a clue and I'm pretty sure that no one else does either.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn