Author Topic: Petcock o-ring  (Read 1858 times)

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
Petcock o-ring
« on: June 03, 2013, 07:27:19 AM »
I ordered the petcock rebuild kit from Murph.  I did two a few years ago on two other C-10s.  Now my dad's is dribbling.  I can't remember, does his kit come with he oval shapped o-ring to seal it to the gas tank?  I shot him an email but haven't heard back.

Edit: The answer is YES, it does come with the o-ring, it is just not exactly like the OEM.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 06:36:24 AM by RFH87_Connie »
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Summit670

Re: Petcock o-ring
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 08:08:38 AM »
Not sure if Murph's kit has the 0-ring but the regular rebuild kit doesn't. 
Arctic Cat M8 163 rules

Sleds, Dirt Bikes, ATV's, Street Bikes, Mountain Bikes.  Heck, I guess if it has handlebars I'll give it a try.

Offline Ken

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 03:08:49 AM »
I just rebuilt my petcock with a kit from Murphs and I think it DOES include a new o-ring for the base.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 06:08:29 AM »
The kit I recieved from Murph does NOT contain the o-ring.  The kit from Murph DOES contain the o-ring, it is just not the same as the OEM oval one.  I did order an OEM from the local shop just to feel better.  Its only $4.  Might be a good add-on for Murph , although the one provided probably works fine without concern.

Edit: Had to fix this for others who might ask the same question.  I believe this kit is directly from K&L so Murph has no meaningful way to make it any better than it already is.  Murph of course has the best price on it and fastest service.  Ordered Monday, received on Wednesday!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 06:35:11 AM by RFH87_Connie »
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington