Author Topic: zx-9 front with meanie front wheel  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
zx-9 front with meanie front wheel
« on: May 19, 2011, 02:04:39 AM »
I'm in the middle of this, doing the zx-9 front end just like Gary French did it, only with the mean streak front wheel like Jan Trento used, and the adjustable handlebars like Mr. Bergman has.  I had started a writeup on the old board.  I finished the rear drama free, but the front is arguing a little bit.

Learned something today:  The correct space widths are:  14mm right side, 22mm left.  Unfortunately I calculated wrong and had a 10 and a 26 made. 
Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F

Offline GF-in-CA

Re: zx-9 front with meanie front wheel
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 12:07:52 PM »
Cool.   8)   Have you decided on what speedometer to use?  Looking forward to seeing the finished product  :thumbs:
Gary F.
1998 C10
California North State

Offline Uglydog56

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 01:09:18 PM »
I picked up a KOSO rx-1n.  It's a bit smaller than I expected (that's what she said) so I'm going to offset it to the right and bond in a piece of plexiglass next to it so the gps can sit protected down under the visor.  I'm partway through, pics will be displayed upon completion unless it ends up looking like an abortion.
Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F

Offline Uglydog56

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 10:30:54 PM »
Got the instrument panel wired up today, and everything worked!  I had hoped to use the factory temp sensor, but it is one wire and the koso panel needs a 2 wire.  I got lucky though, for some unknown reason, the factory sensor is 1/8" npt, same as the universal sensor that came with the kit, so it was quick and easy.  I need allen head bolts for the calipers, precision washer to space them in with, and new pads for the rotors and I'm on the road.  Can't wait!
Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F

Offline Uglydog56

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 08:14:04 PM »
Tying up loose ends on the front end.  Currently just waiting on re-engineered spacers, and caliper bolts.  I had to order the bolts from Minnesota, because no place in the Pacific Northwest had a single M10x1.25 allen head capscrew.  What gives?  So close!  Pics soon.
Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F