Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving!  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
Happy Thanksgiving!
« on: November 28, 2019, 07:25:12 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Enjoy your day with family, friends, turkey, football and a nap on the couch during the game!  :thumbs:
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 07:40:09 AM »
Thanks!  I'm gonna eat myself into a stupor (word of the day).  You have a Happy Thanksgiving as well!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 03:15:24 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving all!
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 05:26:41 PM »
Historically, this is my song for the day...
we here in Cleveland, have honored it for decades as it was always played on local radio, over and over, officer Obbie.. and it was good.....

The day I met my current wife, wayyyyy back in time, when her 2 best friends invited me to dinner, after I had a recent "breakup" with an evil woman... they secretly Invited my "wife", for the same dinner.. we had a great and joyful feast, and while sipping wine, I noticed they kept "lookin" out the window, and whispering.. finally a car pulled in, and in walked this pretty girl, and they introduced us.... she had to apologize for "being late", as she was sitting about a half mile away, on the shore of Lake Erie, ... listening to this song... all was good..... we have been together since that moment... and I am thankful for "Alice's Restaurant"....

so, enjoy, and sing along...
https://youtu.be/m57gzA2JCcM
http://youtu.be/m57gzA2JCcM

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 08:59:14 PM »
Just got back riding bike from RIC Thanksgiving dinner!  So smooth!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 08:16:14 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Whatever.
Enjoy your day with family, friends, turkey, football and a nap on the couch during the game!  :thumbs:

Two sisters, a niece and nephew; all distant. WX was NOT conducive for me to fly my plane to either, and I don't fly the big metal sewer pipes now.

No TV here, since before the OJ chase. Have a couch though, and two of my bestest showed up for din-din mostly unannounced (long story, maybe later). First time in 20 odd years I scorched a bird as I was usually invited elsewhere. Turkey was a bit over cooked (gravy to the rescue!), stuffing (outside the bird) was exceptional as even the bread cubes were home made :)

Since guests were not really expected, it was a 13lb turkey and stuffing. They brought pie and libations. Life is good :)

Broccoli, cauliflower, and spuds will be turned into a variety of soups shortly, the turkey (12 lbs now) too.

Not exactly an "Alice's Restaurant" Thanksgiving here, but could have been if I had a bench.... and a seeing eye dog ;)

I know y'all had a happy Thanksgiving, I did too. Every year ;)

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 06:02:33 PM »
HEY OLD MAN... I have a "Group W bench", in my unheated garage... we (me and Dona) tried to eat as much of a 4.5 # 2 bone, Prime rib roast.. along with like 40 huge shrimps(oxy-moron... like me) and even Dona had to say "WTF was I thinking when I made the potatoes and brussel sprouts... I think almost half the ribs are in the freezer now, destined for Fajita's.. mmmm boy..

anyway, keep on keeping on man...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 12:57:43 AM »
HEY OLD MAN...
No argument from me ;)
I have a "Group W bench", in my unheated garage... we (me and Dona) tried to eat as much of a 4.5 # 2 bone, Prime rib roast..
Genetic engineering. Back in our day, a two bone was perfect for two.
along with like 40 huge shrimps(oxy-moron... like me) and even Dona had to say "WTF was I thinking when I made the potatoes and brussel sprouts... I think almost half the ribs are in the freezer now, destined for Fajita's.. mmmm boy..

anyway, keep on keeping on man...
OH is still on my bucket list, and I've been close. Chit gets in the way :-/

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 09:11:31 AM »
Since guests were not really expected, it was a 13lb turkey and stuffing. They brought pie and libations. Life is good :)

Broccoli, cauliflower, and spuds will be turned into a variety of soups shortly, the turkey (12 lbs now) too.

Huh?  ???

Unexpected guests, and still only one pound of turkey eaten? Was it really that scorched?
So y'all just ate dessert and got sloshed then?  ;D  I guess that works.  8)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 04:57:11 PM »
Works for me in most cases....get it...cases.  LOL
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 06:24:24 PM »
I don't get it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2019, 04:06:59 AM »
Cases of liquor or beer!  Not necessarily in that order.