Author Topic: Bar extender  (Read 1004 times)

Offline wb57

Bar extender
« on: June 04, 2019, 07:47:17 AM »
I *think* I saw it here, but I'm looking for the bar extender that goes inward from the existing bars for the purpose of mounting accessories.  I've searched to no avail.  Basically a tube that runs inline with the existing controls.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?
2010 Concours
2015 FJ-09
Turning paychecks into spent fossil fuels.

Offline jonathan

Re: Bar extender
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 08:17:31 AM »
Yes. I know. Look on the Projektd web site.

Offline wb57

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 09:22:34 AM »
That's the critter!  Thank you!
2010 Concours
2015 FJ-09

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 02:50:25 PM »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 05:46:18 PM »
The PO of my bike added 2 of them. I don't use them. 20 bucks plus shipping and they're yours. They are the black ones, well, almost black. They look "faded" to me, at least against the Kawasaki black.

If you do want them, can you tell me what the stock bolt size is so I can keep the grip bars on?    :o   ;D

Leo

Offline wb57

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 05:59:48 AM »
Kicking around a couple things right now - that being one of them.  The PO of my bike had installed the Techmount kit and I'm debating using that with the additional parts I'd need vs. the ProjektD parts.  I'll decide in the next 24 hours and let you know.

What is it you don't like about them?
2010 Concours
2015 FJ-09

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 07:53:07 AM »
I don't really have a problem with them, I just don't use them. Someone else might as well get some use out of them. I think going back to stock would be a little cleaner look, too.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 03:24:38 PM »
Since the demise of the Zumo, the only thing I need to mount now is my phone.  The X-grip thing works fantastically.... I can't recommend it enough.  I have a RAM ball on the handlebar risers so I mounted it right in the center of the bars.

https://www.rammount.com/product-lines/x-grip

If you don't have risers w/ mount, the options are fewer, and the bar extenders seem like they might be a good option.  Might be a bit high, though.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 09:58:26 AM »
wb57 did you decide if you wanted one or both. I have someone interested in one so if you only want one it would work out.

Leo