Author Topic: Highway pegs for the C-10  (Read 125320 times)

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
Re: Highway pegs for the C-10
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 03:57:12 PM »
From Preliminary work, they fit pre-94's just fine.  Pictures and info coming soon.
...and a good time was had by all.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 04:26:04 PM »
From Preliminary work, they fit pre-94's just fine.  Pictures and info coming soon.
Saaaaaweet!  What do you think about the color?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:14:57 PM by snarf »
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 06:53:26 PM »
Love the color!

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 03:08:48 PM »
Some pictures and directions for Snarf's Highway pegs.

First remove the lower and side fairings. and the the lower heat shield.

Then remove the mid radiator frame bolt.

install the bolt for to replace the frame bolt, use a 9/16 box wrench.

Cut a hole in the lower shield, now you can cut out just what you need or cut a semi circle in the shield.

Install the plate at a nice downward angle making sure it's not too far down as to prevent it from going through the fairing.

Install the peg and replace the plastics.

More pictures with the pegs installed after a ride coming soon.

On a side note, Snarf told me and later I proved, the fairing can be slipped on over the pegs so they don't need to be removed when removing and installing the fairings.  This install was done on a 90 Connie.  As far as a review I love them, its great to get my legs out from behind the fairing and related heat.  And the color matches what I have done to the inner fairings.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 06:35:19 PM »
Nice write up jet. You can also justify the pegs by telling your wife that they are 'saftey' lime green :P.
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 02:55:39 PM »
lol, yeah some friends have already commented on the brightness....I just told them they'd see me as I passed them.

Offline Bosgarage57

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 07:24:26 PM »
lol, yeah some friends have already commented on the brightness....I just told them they'd see me as I passed them.

I thought that was just a bad flash of a camera, SNARF you shouldnt be allowed to make pegs so purty that color :)  Jk Jet if you inner fairings are that color I wanna see them.  On a sidenote, the pegs I got from you SNARF are really nice and I'm loving them.

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 04:19:04 AM »
My inner fairings and home made heat shields are all green, just different shades.   

Offline Dan

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2011, 04:46:18 AM »
can not wait to put em on snarf and try em out,

ttyl

dan

YoDoc

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2011, 09:49:50 PM »
Any chance of someone putting their bike on the side stand and getting a picture of some legs on the pegs? I'd really like to see how they actually function..

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 08:00:44 AM »
Any chance of someone putting their bike on the side stand and getting a picture of some legs on the pegs? I'd really like to see how they actually function..
YoDoc, do you have any specific questions that I might be able to answer?  I will try to get some pics taken in the next few days.  We are swamped at work so I cant promise anything.  It might not happen until the weekend.
I am probably the worlds worst salesman; I still have version .1 VC's on my '02 and I have Millerized pegs on the '86.  The Millerized pegs will more than likely stay on the '86 out of respect for the builder.
Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
2002 Conc

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 11:55:58 AM »

Ok, its the center stand, they function great, I have taken her pretty far over with these on and if they hit the ground the pegs fold up the way they are supposed to.  If Snarf doesn't beat me to it I'll take some pictures while out today and post them tonight.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2011, 12:35:26 PM »
I'll tell ya Jet I was a little hesitant about lime green pegs; but you're making them look good brotha :chugbeer:
2002 Conc

YoDoc

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2011, 02:53:24 PM »
YoDoc, do you have any specific questions that I might be able to answer?  I will try to get some pics taken in the next few days.  We are swamped at work so I cant promise anything.  It might not happen until the weekend.
I am probably the worlds worst salesman; I still have version .1 VC's on my '02 and I have Millerized pegs on the '86.  The Millerized pegs will more than likely stay on the '86 out of respect for the builder.
Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

I'm just wanting to see where the legs go in regards to the foot scoops and the fairings, so I can get a better idea of the actual position of my legs when/if I bought these, vs. engine guards. Honestly, after this weekend though, I think I'm probably going to put off the highway pegs until I do murph's lowering pegs. My left knee is KILLING me, and most of my riding is around town/commuting anyway...

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2011, 09:09:47 PM »
Thanks Snarf.  Photo's from today are coming, just getting them to upload properly. 

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 10:42:59 PM »

Hope this helps.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2011, 08:24:35 AM »
I'll tell ya what; I dont make very many things for other people that I am envious of.  This is one for the records.  I do believe that I am going to have to find some pegs from a GL 1500/1800 and move my pegs forward.
Damn these things look comfortable...

2002 Conc

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »
More new products from SNARF....

Offline Nemo

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2011, 08:38:59 PM »
Hello snarf, I am a newbie here, and sent ya an email about buying a pair of your highway pegs. Very needed LOL. I bought a 2001 C 10 with 8100 miles is all. Love this bike. My other is a M109R. Been reading and learning here for about a month. A wealth of info here. :thumbs:
Never ride faster then your guardian angel.........

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2011, 09:43:14 PM »
I can help ya out. Do you have any questions that I can help you out with?
2002 Conc