Author Topic: My Kneesavers review.  (Read 8878 times)

Offline kzz1king

Re: My Kneesavers review.
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 03:45:56 PM »
As commented the linkage that I sell offers more range of adjustment than the stocker does, is more rigid than the stocker and will not flex thus providing for a firm positive feeling shifter.... Reach down with your hand and feel the amount of up/down slop that is in your stock shift linkage; likely have to the tune of several inches right? Once my system is installed and tuned in you will have almost NO perceptible slop whatsoever...

Plus the picture of the broken ball joint will never be your's.....

Since I put the knww savers on I have been having more missed shifts. I would also like to adk=just the shifter lower but when I do it hits the fairing on the downshifts. Would the reduced travel fix this?
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 05:11:50 PM »
Since I put the knee savers on I have been having more missed shifts. I would also like to adk=just the shifter lower but when I do it hits the fairing on the downshifts. Would the reduced travel fix this?
Wayne

While I've absolutely no first hand experience with Kneesavers I have sold numerous linkage kits to those who have them and I have heard no complaint other than having to give some advice to one user about keeping the parts at 90 degree right angles to each other; once the user did this his shifting improved and he was another happy camper among many..... Taking out the slop will reduce the overall length of throws but keep in mind every bike is as individual as its owner is.....

Me I'm a big Ninja rider as I still use what I call "Adult Rear-set" or straight pegs!
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Squishman

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »
Since I put the knww savers on I have been having more missed shifts. I would also like to adk=just the shifter lower but when I do it hits the fairing on the downshifts. Would the reduced travel fix this?
Wayne

I Dremeled out a little bit of the fairing until it didn't push on it anymore. After you put the trim back on it still looks good.
Todd
Eagan, MN
Photos of my 1999 Conk: http://s751.photobucket.com/home/Squishman/index
Fav farkles: custom-cut Corbin Seat, Sonic 1.2's, Sisf's righteous carb work, Yamaha ATV bars, Spoofak, Rifle Shield, Stick Coils.