Author Topic: MCE Canyon Cage Group Buy thru May 31st!  (Read 116273 times)

Offline Zulu

Re: MCE Canyon Cage Group Buy thru May 31st!
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2012, 10:55:23 PM »
Ryan, I've read the posts re adding highway pegs to the Canyon Cage bar but is it possible to use the cage itself as a highway peg, even if just resting one's outstretched foot on top of what appears to be a horizontal bar?
Blue I tried doing that this weekend and no luck. I could not get my foot to rest on top of the cage.

Offline accbiker

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2012, 06:00:24 AM »
Does anyone know if these bars are compatible with Ronnie's Highway Pegs?  In other words, would the bars conflict (in space) for Ronnie's Pegs? I can't quite tell from the pictures.

-David
Athens, GA

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV

Offline accbiker

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2012, 06:57:35 AM »
See reply #613
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=7593.msg101209#msg101209

Thanks.  I searched but couldn't find it that thread.  I appreciate the direction.

-David
Athens, GA

Offline Dodgedoc

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2012, 10:23:06 AM »
just ordered fronts  order #37
We would not be here now if we did not leave there then

Offline Fifth1

« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2012, 10:32:17 AM »
Looks like I may be #38. Just ordered front/rear set. Thanks Ryan

Offline accbiker

« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2012, 10:32:34 AM »
I just spoke with Ryan.  Order both the front and rear #39 (he thinks).  He said that they have a line of callers waiting and ones he needs to call back.  Clearly, they found the need that we riders have said that has been there for quite some time.

-David
Athens, GA

Offline Conrad

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2012, 10:45:29 AM »
It looks like they might have to bump up the initial run to more than 50.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Dalroo

• 2B1 - ASK1
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2012, 11:31:33 AM »
Probably too much to ask for a larger discount if they hit 50, but maybe throw in a little somethingsomething for the response - Kawasaki Only Parking sign  ;D

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2012, 11:32:13 AM »
I'm 40... but it looks like they're at 42 or 43 right now.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2012, 11:44:29 AM »
Hey guys! We're cookin' today and approaching 50 sets sold! I feel I should clarify the exchange deal as I don't think I explained it very well at the beginning. We're offering to exchange the bathroom bars for the Canyon Cages but only to people who bought their bathroom bars during the group buy we did a few weeks ago. We can't have people exchanging a bar that's a year or more old. The people who participated in the first group buy paid $297.50 and would be receiving that much as credit towards the Canyon Cages. When the customer returns their product we'll determine whether or not additional charges need to be applied for stripping and refinishing (typically ~$30). If the product is in flawless condition and doesn't need to be stripped and redone you'll receive a credit of $297.50 towards your purchase of the Canyon Cages ($225) which means you'll be credited $72.50 for a straight swap with no damage. This may still be a bit confusing but if you think you're eligible for an exchange message, email, or call me and we'll handle the exchanges case by case.

The second run will be after the gen 1 development, right? ;)

No need to worry about that! Although we usually take a few lead men away from their normal duty to help develop new product, normal production usually doesn't slow down much. Our development of the earlier generation Canyon Cages won't impede the production of the Canyon Cages for the 2010-2012, don't worry!

But I doubt that the development of the 08/09 is much dependent on the production run.

:D

Ryan, I've read the posts re adding highway pegs to the Canyon Cage bar but is it possible to use the cage itself as a highway peg, even if just resting one's outstretched foot on top of what appears to be a horizontal bar?

Thanks for testing this, Zulu! But, yea, I don't think this would be very comfortable. It's a bit hard to tell from the photos but the Canyon Cage bends in towards the bike as it hugs the fairings so it's a bit of a weird position having to wrap your legs around the bike. If you're looking to put your feet up, I think highway pegs are your best option.

It looks like they might have to bump up the initial run to more than 50.

We're debating between adding a few more or just starting a second production run sooner than we we're originally planning. This would drastically minimize the amount of time one would have to wait for the second set. Decisions, decisions...I'll let you guys know what we decide to do as soon as we figure it out!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2012, 05:52:07 PM »
We're debating between adding a few more or just starting a second production run sooner than we we're originally planning. This would drastically minimize the amount of time one would have to wait for the second set. Decisions, decisions...I'll let you guys know what we decide to do as soon as we figure it out!

I guess you can now tell your boss "I told you so"  :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2012, 08:17:21 PM »
I guess you can now tell your boss "I told you so"  :)

:goodpost:

Offline leyenda30

« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2012, 08:45:18 AM »
Ryan,

You are a busy man for sure. And I'm sure your Boss is a very happy guy with the potential of a hundred sets of bars as fast as you can make them. There are quite a few here that want highway pegs. I have searched trying to find some that fit the Canyon Cage bars and with style that fits the bike and folds out of the way. I was looking thru your site and see that you offer many pegs but few fit these bars. Is it possible for your design guy to design a bracket that fits these 1" bars and use your in house pegs? Keep the bracket as simple as possible for production and style. I know this seems like a small market but I'd bet other bike brand cage customers would probably buy as well. The closest ones I found are the ones I mentioned earlier(below) and could be used as a starting point to design. They can be mounted horizontally or vertically so give alot of flexibility in mounting. Even some of the nay sayers might eventually try a set for the long ride home if the didn't stand out like a sore thumb. Thanks.

JP

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lindby-Black-Wide-Band-Cruise-Highway-Pegs-/120902578639?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c265af1cf&vxp=mtr

08 Kawasaki Concours
05 Honda VTX
07 Husky SM610 sold

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2012, 09:39:17 AM »
There are quite a few here that want highway pegs. I have searched trying to find some that fit the Canyon Cage bars and with style that fits the bike and folds out of the way.

We actually mocked up a set of highway pegs specifically for this new Canyon Cage and posted some photos in the build thread but that thing is so long now it's nearly impossible to find specific information. Below are some photos of the highway pegs we threw together for the Canyon Cage. If these don't appeal to you, you can also get a similar set of pegs/clamps that come in black which a lot of people seem to be looking for. The black pegs/clamps are from a company called RivCo (www.rivcoproducts.com).

MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2012, 10:23:40 AM »
If the pegs used a good rubber liner, I wonder if they could be used for long trips and taken off without marring the surface. I think the bike looks much better without them on but I could see sacrificing looks for comfort on the long slab days.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline con05

« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2012, 07:04:36 PM »
I called to speak with Ryan and found out the shop is usually closed on Friday. I was still able to place my order with a very accommodating and nice lady. I guess I am #44 on the list with expected shipping by mid-June. I ask about mounting instructions which should be posted soon.
Silver 2011 C-14

Offline h2oplayer

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2012, 07:38:39 AM »
Just sent in an email for a set. #45?

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2012, 01:25:36 PM »
We actually mocked up a set of highway pegs specifically for this new Canyon Cage and posted some photos in the build thread but that thing is so long now it's nearly impossible to find specific information. Below are some photos of the highway pegs we threw together for the Canyon Cage. If these don't appeal to you, you can also get a similar set of pegs/clamps that come in black which a lot of people seem to be looking for. The black pegs/clamps are from a company called RivCo (www.rivcoproducts.com).

The pegs look nice but in a tip over they would probably get pushed into the lower fairing. I'll be calling for a set of bars front and back on Monday.  Was having a hard time deciding between chrome and powder.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline lddave

« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2012, 03:45:06 PM »
I just ordered and Ryan said I was number 50.
Dave
IBA 178