Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 456407 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #540 on: September 24, 2014, 01:19:04 PM »
I think that should work fine, and if it charges both devices at the same time that's a big bonus.  If not, a dual port USB charger will work fine.

I know people are using the current version of Foreflight with IOS 8.  I'm still using 7, I'll wait a while before installing it, like after they get the bugs worked out.

Actually no because there is only one lighting connector on the iPad. So it could only be charged through the bad elf gps when it is connect. I pulled the trigger on a bad elf unit. $105 on ebay.

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #541 on: September 24, 2014, 02:47:05 PM »
Actually no because there is only one lighting connector on the iPad. So it could only be charged through the bad elf gps when it is connect. I pulled the trigger on a bad elf unit. $105 on ebay.

Oh, right.  "D'oh!"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #542 on: October 08, 2014, 04:49:24 AM »
What drives me crazy?

Hearing people say 'it is what it is' all the freakin time!   :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #543 on: October 08, 2014, 05:18:01 AM »
...at the end of the day...

..and the new talking head, I'm smarter than you buzzword...'conflated'  >:(

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #544 on: October 08, 2014, 07:04:52 AM »
What drives me crazy?

It is what it is about it is what it is..

...at the end of the day...

..and the new talking head, I'm smarter than you buzzword...'conflated'  >:(

Haven't heard that one.  Can you use it in a sentence?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #545 on: October 08, 2014, 07:50:54 PM »
I have a conflated view of the world and this thread ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #546 on: October 09, 2014, 04:37:52 AM »
I have a conflated view of the world and this thread ;)

So to the not intuitively obvious masses this would be 'I have a combined view of the world and this thread'.  Another sentence would be 'The plot gets weighed down when the writers conflate too many issues into one episode.'

Learn something new every day..  I can't say that I like that word, though.  First use of the word (Latin origin) was in 1610, so it's been around for a few years.  Can't believe this is the first time I've ever heard it used.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #547 on: October 09, 2014, 04:50:01 AM »

At the end of the day
Break through the clutter
Bring to the table
Calibrate expectations
Clear goal
Diversity
Empowerment
Exit strategy
Face time
Generation X
Globalization
Holistic Approach
Moving forward
Organic growth
Outside the box
Paradigm
Paradigm shift
Proactive
Push the envelope
Reach out
Sea change (transformation)
Spin-up
Sustainability
Synergy
Touch base
Wellness
Win-win

Offline Conrad

« Reply #548 on: October 09, 2014, 04:53:43 AM »
What drives me crazy?

It is what it is about it is what it is..

It was what it was, it is what it is, and forevermore, it shall be what it shall be.  Amen.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #549 on: October 09, 2014, 05:21:40 AM »
At the end of the day
Bring to the table
Calibrate expectations
Clear goal
Diversity
Empowerment
Exit strategy
Face time
Generation X
Globalization
Holistic Approach
Moving forward
Organic growth
Outside the box
Paradigm
Paradigm shift
Proactive
Push the envelope
Reach out
Spin-up
Sustainability
Synergy
Touch base
Wellness
Win-win

How did you get a copy of my last employment review?
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #550 on: October 09, 2014, 05:24:21 AM »
 :yikes: You have to work with 'those people'?

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #551 on: October 09, 2014, 08:12:32 AM »
At the end of the day
Bring to the table
Calibrate expectations
Clear goal
Diversity
Empowerment
Exit strategy
Face time
Generation X
Globalization
Holistic Approach
Moving forward
Organic growth
Outside the box
Paradigm
Paradigm shift
Proactive
Push the envelope
Reach out
Spin-up
Sustainability
Synergy
Touch base
Wellness
Win-win

Looks like a word list for BS bingo...

Draw a 5 X 5 grid, randomly insert those words or phrases in each box, and pass them out at meetings.  Every time you hear one of those buzzwords, mark it off - just like playing bingo.  First one to get a line jumps up and shouts BULLSH!T

We did it once and the game was outlawed. Some people just have no sense of humour...

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #552 on: October 09, 2014, 09:27:32 AM »
Yeah, I was in a meeting one time that turned out to be a meeting about how many meetings we were going to / should have on a specific topic. No one realized that so I felt it necessary to ask: "Are we having a meeting about how many meetings we should have?" No one answered but lots of looking down at hands.....

And my very favorite was a motivational poster in the engineering meeting room of one company that was basically a picture of a bunch of bored people sitting around a table with the caption that went something like: 'Group effort: because together, we are less inept than each of us is alone.' An employee paid for that out of pocket and hung it on the wall and no one seemed to notice it was not really a motivational poster.  :rotflmao:

I find the world around me is chock- full of fun and amusement, one just has to learn how to see it and pick up on it.

Brian

Looks like a word list for BS bingo...

Draw a 5 X 5 grid, randomly insert those words or phrases in each box, and pass them out at meetings.  Every time you hear one of those buzzwords, mark it off - just like playing bingo.  First one to get a line jumps up and shouts BULLSH!T

We did it once and the game was outlawed. Some people just have no sense of humour...

Jamie
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #553 on: October 09, 2014, 11:54:31 AM »
And that's why we appreciate your views on things!

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #554 on: October 09, 2014, 02:24:45 PM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #555 on: October 09, 2014, 02:35:14 PM »
IBM is the embodiment of you can't have too many meetings...

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #556 on: October 09, 2014, 03:35:04 PM »
Actually, there CAN be too many meetings.....

Once upon a time, there was this company that had multiple meeting rooms. And the way they chose to control the usage of said rooms was through MS Outlook: they set the rooms up like any other entity (person) and one simply booked the room by "inviting" whichever room one wanted for a mandatory 'meeting' through a block of time on a particular date. This system really worked very well because 1) everyone could see who had what meeting room at what time. 2) the rooms could not be double- scheduled as Outlook would not allow it. So in short, the system worked great..... except for the people setting up the meetings. Alas, several of them would show up just before my meeting in a given room and show surprise as I had not been expected at their meeting. "Ah, but the meeting about to start here is my meeting" I would say. To which they would explain how important their meeting was (much more so than mine), how their meeting could not be rescheduled (implying of course that mine could- easily) and finally, insisting I vacate the room post haste!  Now, I was always careful to put my coffee down at the start of this tantrum 'cause I always ended up laughing (hey, it WAS funny!).  :rotflmao:  I would then counter their arguments by inviting them to MY meeting because 1) they were already there (convenient, huh?). 2) My meeting were always a LOT more fun than anyone else's meetings. 3) My meetings were productive, at least somewhat. 4) My meetings had an end.  :rotflmao: <some more> 

Now here comes the funny part (you knew there had to be a funny part, right?). I called a meeting to discuss the mechanism by which one booked a meeting room and made it mandatory for the people in the 'troublesome' department. Some of them were not amused but I was, as was virtually everyone else looking on. :-)

Brian

IBM is the embodiment of you can't have too many meetings...
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Son of Pappy

« Reply #557 on: October 09, 2014, 05:50:34 PM »
So, Brian, am I to understand it that you were behind a meeting?  A meeting of the BTF I assume (Brian-er-Brain Trust Foundation)?  I am annoyed that I never took you as a meeting organizer :-\

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #558 on: October 10, 2014, 06:48:37 AM »
Meetings are the bane of my professional existence. Almost all recurring meetings are black holes that suck resources and give lethal radiation in return. As a manager I rarely scheduled meetings with more than myself and 1 or 2 other people at the most. I had an engineer ask me in a 1 on 1 why I didn't hold a weekly staff meetings. I said we're meeting right now and asked what he wanted to know. He said he wanted to know more about what others in the group were working on. In about 60 seconds I told him what others were working on and to feel free to talk to the others whenever. What is it with American corporate culture that management thinks holding meetings is the primary function of management? Makes me crazy and annoyed!!!

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #559 on: October 10, 2014, 08:21:12 AM »
Yep.... well, actually in front of most meetings. :-)

Meetings, if done anywhere near correctly, beat back chaos. And chaos is the antithesis of progress. For example, if I was to set up a meeting about... oh, I don't know..... let's say: throttle recalibration, I would push chaos to the side and open the path to progress. See?

:rotflmao:

Brian

So, Brian, am I to understand it that you were behind a meeting?  A meeting of the BTF I assume (Brian-er-Brain Trust Foundation)?  I am annoyed that I never took you as a meeting organizer :-\