Author Topic: 08-09 Heat Shields  (Read 2501 times)

Offline DucRider

• Arena
08-09 Heat Shields
« on: May 18, 2014, 06:47:26 PM »
Just got my c-14 and i will like to try this before i get rid of the bike. I know i could get them fron ebay but maybe a fellow member wanna sell his.
I Read More than i Post.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: 08-09 Heat Shields
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 07:04:06 PM »
Before you get rid of the c14?

Offline DucRider

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 05:41:20 AM »
Well....the story goes like this...i had an 06 fjr, absolutly love the bike BUT it was the AE version(electronic shifter) well i couldn't get used to it. The right deal came along for the 08 connie plus the wife really like the bike so you know how that goes.....now i really want to make it work(for the sake of the marrige) but the bike keeps on kicking my butt.

The heat of the bike sometimes drives me nuts.
I Read More than i Post.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 05:48:13 AM »
Make sure that the internal heat shields (terms used very loosely) are in place.  Fred Harmon has a video series that you can buy that goes into great depth on adding additional heat management foam.  Whilst riding, make sure that your windscreen has at least an inch or more below the bottom of the screen and the fairing.  with the stock screen all the way down it blocks airflow over the fairing and down to the front of the shins.  It's counter intuitive, but it works.  Screen all the way down, not much cooling air coming through.  The 08-09 heat shields will help.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 05:51:19 AM »
I lined the underside of the tank back to under the seat with a heat reflective fabric I got from an online hotrod shop. I also had both sides of the foam heat blockers in but ended up removing the left side. I also find the heat is worse with the windshield all the way down so it is always up to some degree. I cut four inches off the stock windshield for a summer screen and leave it up a bit. This has made the heat not a problem for me. ymmv

Offline DucRider

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 06:10:34 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions. Like i said the wife really loves the bike so i could tell you i have a green light when it comes to make the bike "better" for both of us.
I Read More than i Post.