Author Topic: Finally decided on a 2nd bike - drum roll please!  (Read 2156 times)

Offline eng943

Finally decided on a 2nd bike - drum roll please!
« on: January 31, 2018, 01:01:51 PM »
Lots of back and forth on what I wanted in a second bike. Light, fun, nimble, versatile, nice looking, nothing with an I4 engine so it would have a different character.

So, I sold my K16GT and decided on an R1200R to compliment my C14. This one is optioned nicely with Dynamic ESA, cruise control, heated grips, quick shifter, sport screen, Nav prep, luggage mounts. I think it ticks all the boxes, and there is a ton of choices for windshields, luggage, and other accessories. It's not the fastest naked bike, but it has gobs of torque down low and in the mid range, and it has the most appealing balance of ergonomics and features to me.

I'll probably use it for most of my shorter solo rides, and use the C14 for the two up and longer rides.       
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Finally decided on a 2nd bike - drum roll please!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 01:22:28 PM »
Congrats on the new ride and the very best of luck and enjoyment from it!

I ride with one gentleman who has had a couple of BMW boxer twins and loves them. Personally, I just do not know what to think of them and have never been able to form an opinion, good or bad. But there are a lot of them out there.

Brian

Lots of back and forth on what I wanted in a second bike. Light, fun, nimble, versatile, nice looking, nothing with an I4 engine so it would have a different character.

So, I sold my K16GT and decided on an R1200R to compliment my C14. This one is optioned nicely with Dynamic ESA, cruise control, heated grips, quick shifter, sport screen, Nav prep, luggage mounts. I think it ticks all the boxes, and there is a ton of choices for windshields, luggage, and other accessories. It's not the fastest naked bike, but it has gobs of torque down low and in the mid range, and it has the most appealing balance of ergonomics and features to me.

I'll probably use it for most of my shorter solo rides, and use the C14 for the two up and longer rides.     
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 02:15:54 PM »
Congrats on the new bike! I've ridden most of the BMW's when the factory demo truck rolled through Colorado Springs a couple of times. The R1200R was my favorite of all of them. Nice bike!

Offline eng943

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 02:23:45 PM »
Thanks. I have had several boxer engine bikes, and quite like them. Ironically, it's the inline 4 I've never been a huge fan of in general. However, in the C14 it's pretty agreeable with me. The new LC boxer is a big leap forward. Smoother, more powerful.   
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline Rob9876

• Beginner Motorcycling
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 02:53:47 PM »
That's a good looking bike, congrats!
2015 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS, 2014 Kawasaki Versys ABS, 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 (sold)
Beginner Motorcycling