Author Topic: Indy Moto GP  (Read 3977 times)

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
Indy Moto GP
« on: August 12, 2013, 11:02:54 AM »
Anyone headed down to Indy?
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline scubadoguk

Re: Indy Moto GP
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 12:27:53 PM »
Anyone headed down to Indy?

I live 30 min north of the track so YEAH :) all 3 days
poo poo occurs..British by birth American by choice

Offline Mr Orange

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 03:14:30 PM »
This will be the first first Moto GP my brother and I miss. We've been to all of them at Indy and it is a really good time especially the run around the circuit on Friday night! The party in downtown Indy is really a good time. We always stayed at the Hampton downtown so we were at the center of party central. Enjoy yourselves!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 04:31:44 AM »
Never been to the races but downtown Indy is a great place to be at night, unlike some cities I've stayed in.  Great architecture to look at if you've the time and a nice canal walk.  I love that town.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline scubadoguk

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 09:47:42 AM »
Never been to the races but downtown Indy is a great place to be at night, unlike some cities I've stayed in.  Great architecture to look at if you've the time and a nice canal walk.  I love that town.

Indy is OK but don't go down to the canal at night, lots of muggings and a few murders down there recently ......stay with the crowd and its a blast

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 10:22:31 AM »
 :yikes:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 12:18:04 PM »
Our group is heading down there Thursday morning from MN.  Leaving in 41 hours and 44 minutes, approximately.  We've been to every one.  Staying at a friends place in Frankfort, like always.  Made it down to the Austin, TX MotoGP this year too.  Great fun.

Offline scubadoguk

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 02:12:10 PM »
Our group is heading down there Thursday morning from MN.  Leaving in 41 hours and 44 minutes, approximately.  We've been to every one.  Staying at a friends place in Frankfort, like always.  Made it down to the Austin, TX MotoGP this year too.  Great fun.

If your going to Austin again will you be riding ?

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 10:13:13 PM »
If your going to Austin again will you be riding ?

We used a borrowed pickup and a toy hauler because there was still snow on the ground when we left.  Plus it snowed over a foot in MN, twice, while we were there.  I had mixed feelings since I'm a skier, but I don't like riding in snow.  March and April are just too unpredictable in MN otherwise we'd ride down there.

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 10:57:17 AM »

Plan on riding down from Muncie Friday afternoon to visit vendors and then and again all day Saturday. Rain predicted Sunday ... Friday night on Meridian Street is always worthwhile. If you guys want to meet or have a favorite old haunt let us know.

2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 06:24:25 PM »
I didn't see your reply until I got back.

Sure was a great weekend. No rain, plenty of sunshine but not too hot. Then great races to top it off.

I've been to it every year and I think this was the best. The best news was when they announced the MotoGP would be back for 2014!

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 01:30:25 PM »
I didn't see your reply until I got back.

Sure was a great weekend. No rain, plenty of sunshine but not too hot. Then great races to top it off.

I've been to it every year and I think this was the best. The best news was when they announced the MotoGP would be back for 2014!
SOunds like the City/IMS is going to make changes and repave the track looking toward inking a long term deal.

saw a bunch of Connies.

on the circle

parking on the track is pretty cool .... follow the pylons through the North gate off to the right.....under the bleachers ....out on the track in Turn 4 then up to turn 2 clockwise and park em gentlemen

Downtown early evening .....seemed like even when I was leaving at 11 pm there were still bikes heading down Fall Creek to downtown.

2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt