Author Topic: I love Acura  (Read 3938 times)

Offline zsiska

• Arena
I love Acura
« on: January 11, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »
I am not some fancy pants guy who has to have the most expensive or nicest things, but I will say I now see the lure of the expensive items.  My wife went back to work for the car dealer she used to work for.  The autogroup owns one of the biggest Acura dealerships nationwide.  As one of her perks, she can lease a new Acura and her employer will pay for $400 of the monthly payment and roll in the down payment and such into the payment.  Well we have been having problems with our 150K mile Ford Taurus so I told her to just go and look at the Acura TSXs.  Well we went ahead and got one.  The total payment each month is about $370 so her employer will be paying for the entire thing.  The only costs to us will be the higher property taxes and insurance for 3 years for a brand new reliable car virtually maintenance free other than oil changes and such.

Anyway on to my point.  Since it will be my wife's car, I didn't test drive it.  So I just got back from my first ride/drive.  Incredible difference.  Now I know our Taurus was older with high mileage, but the Acura just feels so well built compared to any vehicle I have owned (new, used, american or foreign).  And the drive is so tight.  Even for just a base level small sedan, it feels like the faster I go, the better it feels.  Not that I will be buying expensive vehicles often, but as long as she is at her job, I will continue to lease Acuras that they pay for.   

Offline Conrad

Re: I love Acura
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 03:45:40 PM »
That's a nice lil car!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 03:55:09 PM »
Without a picture it doesn't exist. :)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 04:03:49 PM »
Well whats not to like? My brother is on his second RL and loves it.

Offline graham downunder

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 02:55:07 AM »
Great to have a new car . You know that's the last time you will drive it ,you are a passager from now on in

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 03:09:37 AM »
Great to have a new car . You know that's the last time you will drive it ,you are a passager from now on in

I took it out for another spin last night.  Didn't realize the first time in the dark (and prior to reading the manual), it has a sport mode and paddle shifters.  Now it still doesn't compare to a manual, but it still made it more fun for me.  Turn the traction control off, put it in sport mode, and go to town.  I had it up to about 115 last night.  Still as stable as could be.  Probably should have waited until whatever there suggested break in period is though. 

You are partially right.  It will be very rare that I will ever be sitting behind the wheel.  I was jealous for about 5 minutes until I realized that even though I am driving the other 2 old crappy vehicles we have, I have 3 bikes in the garage and a buttload of firearms.  So I figure my wife definetely deserves the nice car.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 05:04:52 AM »
I took it out for another spin last night.  Didn't realize the first time in the dark (and prior to reading the manual), it has a sport mode and paddle shifters.  Now it still doesn't compare to a manual, but it still made it more fun for me.  Turn the traction control off, put it in sport mode, and go to town.  I had it up to about 115 last night.  Still as stable as could be.  Probably should have waited until whatever there suggested break in period is though. 

You are partially right.  It will be very rare that I will ever be sitting behind the wheel.  I was jealous for about 5 minutes until I realized that even though I am driving the other 2 old crappy vehicles we have, I have 3 bikes in the garage and a buttload of firearms.  So I figure my wife definetely deserves the nice car.

Hard to drive a firearm though eh?

It doesn't sound like you're observing proper break in procedures...    :o    :D

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 05:15:24 AM »

I know this isn't the right board for this, but isn't that considered concealed weapons?  Isn't that painful?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 08:39:15 AM »
I have to wonder just how many firearms are in a buttload? I spose that varies from person to person...

Talk about junk in the trunk.    :o

Offline Arata

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 09:34:01 AM »
you always have to worry about accidental discharge with a buttload of firearms!

Just sayin'
2014 V Strom 1000
2008 C14
2004 ZRX1200R
1993 GSXR 1100

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 09:37:46 AM »
I have to wonder just how many firearms are in a buttload? I spose that varies from person to person...

Talk about junk in the trunk.    :o

If they were all this size then....  still zero.