Author Topic: This little bike is so cute!  (Read 3456 times)

Offline Bunk

This little bike is so cute!
« on: August 20, 2015, 08:41:59 PM »
Hey all.  Checking in from Northern Indiana here.  Just traded my '01 GL1800A for a new '14 Connie.  Just had it a day but loving it so far.  Now I just have to get my bar risers, upgrade the windshield, get some decent tires, ditch the wired wing headset for bluetooth, a ram mount with an x-grip...  lol, I hate to see what my list is going to look like after a few weeks!  :)  I got the candy red one, because as we all know, it's the fastest.  ;D

Love to get out on the road and put miles on.  Took the wing from northern Indiana to Key West last April.  Snowed just after I left.  HA!  Heading to NC to visit family at Ft. Bragg in about a month.  Looking forward to getting out on the road with this pretty beast.  Is it just me or is it Jekyll and Hyde with the dividing line right around 6500 rpms?  In the low end it seems like such an easy manageable ride, and once that tach starts climbing, son, you better be holding on!

If anyone knows of any sport touring groups in my area, please give a shout.  All of my friends ride harleys and are busting out the trailer anytime the trip is more than a few hours.  lol

Nice to meet everyone!

VStar 950 > GL1800 > Concours 14
Candy Cardinal Red (Best Color) Cee Bailey Ultra-Tour - Helibars Risers -Kaoko Throttle Lock - Kawi Top Box - Phil's Farkles Luggage Rack - Ram Mount with FingerGrip Phone Cradle - Sena 20S - Schuberth C3

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: This little bike is so cute!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 04:36:54 AM »
Welcome, although I've never heard of anyone referring to the C14 as cute.. ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 04:46:16 AM »
....or little.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 04:59:04 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Bunk. :chugbeer:
You'll find plenty of help farkelizing the "cute" little bike.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Bunk

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 05:25:03 AM »
Well coming off of a Wing (or 2 wheeled Honda Accord if you will), everything is little.  This one is a hell of a lot more fun already!
Candy Cardinal Red (Best Color) Cee Bailey Ultra-Tour - Helibars Risers -Kaoko Throttle Lock - Kawi Top Box - Phil's Farkles Luggage Rack - Ram Mount with FingerGrip Phone Cradle - Sena 20S - Schuberth C3

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 08:29:27 AM »
Well coming off of a Wing (or 2 wheeled Honda Accord if you will), everything is little.  This one is a hell of a lot more fun already!

Welcome and enjoy mate!!

Offline Flat-spot

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 10:04:21 AM »
HI Bunk,  I'm north of Ft. Wayne.  Where are you?

Offline Bunk

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 08:15:43 PM »
I'm in South Bend, so not too far.  Good to meet you Flat!

Offline C14_Rider

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 02:44:49 PM »
If anyone knows of any sport touring groups in my area, please give a shout.
IMO, the Motorcycle Sport Touring Association is a great group, very little trailering, welcome all brands, and very safety-conscious.  Check them out at <ridemsta.com>.  You'll get to the website for their monthly publication, but it seems all the info is there.  There is an annual weekend in Corydon, IN called the River City Ride.
Steve  2008 C14 ABS; Rostra cruise; Laminar Lip; Kwik Cover; Fenda Extenda; Murphs bar risers; V&H CS1 stainless (soon); Zumo;