Author Topic: Who does Facebook?  (Read 8023 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: Who does Facebook?
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2013, 08:18:30 AM »
Is it even possible to have an intelligent debate on Facebook? I've not seen one yet.......
Depends on what's being debated!!  And who koins the debate.  Easy to back out with grace, well at least for Arena veterans ;D

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2013, 08:54:37 AM »
I never do politics on FB and hide posts from those who do. I go to the Arena on this forum and other blogs for politics. This is just my preference. I find it amusing that people on this forum say they will never use social media. But this forum IS a form social media and sorry but you're reading this you're are already using social media. I use this forum mostly for motorcycle topics and use FB mostly for grand children topics. The only real difference is the size and scope possible on FB and you can choose the scope you want to use on FB.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2013, 08:55:26 AM »
 ::) Good post.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2013, 09:10:08 AM »
I never do politics on FB and hide posts from those who do. I go to the Arena on this forum and other blogs for politics. This is just my preference. I find it amusing that people on this forum say they will never use social media. But this forum IS a form social media and sorry but you're reading this you're are already using social media. I use this forum mostly for motorcycle topics and use FB mostly for grand children topics. The only real difference is the size and scope possible on FB and you can choose the scope you want to use on FB.

About the only time and place I'll ever do politics is face to face and even then it's a rare occurance.... During the winter when we are doing repair work on our Tug & Barge I've been known to shut down these conversations when they break out in the galley as it is disruptive to getting our work done... Yes I've even told my Bosses to shut down their pie holes when they are on my boat!
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2013, 09:15:42 AM »
About the only time and place I'll ever do politics is face to face and even then it's a rare occurance.... During the winter when we are doing repair work on our Tug & Barge I've been known to shut down these conversations when they break out in the galley as it is disruptive to getting our work done... Yes I've even told my Bosses to shut down their pie holes when they are on my boat!

Agree! One of the reasons I don't do politics on FB is that a few of my FB friends are also colleagues. No politics or religion at work is a good policy.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2013, 09:27:11 AM »
Don't forget to include NASCAR!!  Wanna fight?  Tell someone that Dale Jr is a piece of crap driver who is riding his daddies coat tails.  Just because it's true won't matter ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2013, 01:08:07 PM »

:doh:   Been doing a lot of that lately.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2013, 07:32:24 PM »
I'll never be in touch with people that don't ride fast. It's a rule of mine.
If you roll in the left lane most of the time, I don't communicate with you either. Unless you read sign language. ;)
The grass isn't always greener.