Author Topic: I FLIPPIN' HATE MICE.....  (Read 8887 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
I FLIPPIN' HATE MICE.....
« on: October 06, 2012, 12:41:27 PM »
I just today got my C14 on the road, spent all last night "de-mousing" it, and getting it prepped.

I pulled a massive couple of nests out, and had to repair about 25 chewed wires in various harness' all over the place, pulled all the plastic off....man what a p.i.t.a. ??? :'(

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Rasmith

• Lenexa KS
Re: I FLIPPIN' HATE MICE.....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 02:06:48 PM »
Might be stating the obvious but you need to ride that thing once in a while!!

Where the hell did they get all the nest material from?
2012 C14 Candy Arabian Red
2007 Vulcan Meanstreak 1600

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 02:32:22 PM »
That just SUCKS.   I have read many ideas about how guys keep mice out but cannot remember them.  Maybe some ideas can be posted for future reference.  I think Fred posted some ideas on the other forum.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 03:56:43 PM »
Cup full of mothballs under the bike. Even works outside under a cover.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 07:16:53 PM »
Are those Kirbys cousins?  MOB, really, ya gotta get out and ride that thing.  I have heard that they don't like dryer sheets, I do know that in my motorhome I keep on the mountain the areas with the sheets are void of any mouse trace.  So maybe it works?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 08:03:55 PM »
I had to refrain from riding since I moved up to Ohio, due to some license issues I had in Va.,  :yikes: :banghead: :thumbs: :hail: but that's behind me now, and I can roll in/on any vehical now.... ;)
Just in time for the change in weather....arggg
No problem tho, as long as there is no ice, I'm on it....
I did find a "Mini-Kirby" up on top of the valve cover, and he suck-umed to the shop vac....I hate handling that crud....Honta Virus.... ;D
The nests were shop towels....I had a couple other nests in my open toolbox drawers.... ::) ::)
If I do set it for any longer than a week or so, it will be sitting up on my lift, with plenty of Mothballs in trays surrounding it....and also plenty of traps..... :o ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 09:07:01 PM »
 :yikes:

That sux MOB, sorry bro...  :'(

Offline r2t2

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 08:22:37 AM »
I believe the correct phrase is...

I hate those meeses to pieces... Mr. Jinks

Hopefully they haven't chewed through any wires. Back when I lived in Colorado I had some build a nest in the shop vac. They added insult to injury when I discovered that they were stashing the rat poison pellets in their nest! The mothballs seemed to work... After the fact.
RayK
'08 C14
'06 BMW M3
'01 BMW 330i

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 12:39:05 PM »
Hopefully they haven't chewed through any wires. .....

click on the pictures in the first post...... I was taping up wires till 4 a.m. :(

poisen and mothballs will be in place today, along with anything else that looks good from Lowes.....gotta go for a ride. ;)...

actually, I made something similar to this years ago, and it did work....

I think I'll be doing a couple of these......
http://fivegallonideas.com/extremely-effective-mouse-trap/

Offline JamminJere

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 01:33:05 PM »
Glad you got the bastids out of there, Rich... Aw man... and they were drinkin your beer too????  You are new to Ohio.... Head to the SE on all the twisty goodness roads above Marietta!.. Cant go wrong..

JJ
There really isn't much different between the masses... and them asses..

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 01:52:50 PM »
Glad you got the bastids out of there, Rich... Aw man... and they were drinkin your beer too????  You are new to Ohio.... Head to the SE on all the twisty goodness roads above Marietta!.. Cant go wrong..

JJ
Bro, I was born and raised here, so was my wife....we were only out of the state from '02 til last December... so between the two of us we have...almost a hundred years of residency....heheheheh It's good to be back home, literally...within walkin distance to my old house.
I leased a 100 acre farm from a Coal company down in Noble County for many years, as a hunting camp....know every back road from Marietta in a 50 mile radius.... 8) 8)

Offline JamminJere

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 02:22:40 PM »
Well then.... Welcome Home!

JJ
There really isn't much different between the masses... and them asses..

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 07:37:05 PM »
Well then.... Welcome Home!

JJ

Thanks Jer! ;)

ok, here's the scoop....

ok, trip to Lowe's, successssful... (we always have to buy sumpi'n extra don't we?)
$5.76...2 trap buckets... plus a third one as a new garbage pail for the shop.... garbage cans, even the smallest ones, are $14....wtf?

here's the real deal:
wire coathanger (a-la Joan Crawford....)+pop bottle+bucket+crunchy Jif+1 gal H2O in bucket....done.

trap #1

trap #2

shop is safe once again....and I can finally see my workbench...

ok honey....it's dinner time....Mr. Mouse killer.....

just for shitzngiggles, I placed 2 poison pods....

Nice to have my Stich hanging up in the garage again, and not my bedroom closet....

expecting at least a couple floaters by tomorry, I'll keep y'all posted.... 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 04:10:37 AM »
We are awaiting the results with baited breath.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 11:03:02 AM »
We are awaiting the results with baited breath.

hmmmmmmmmm
nuttin yet.....might have to make a wheelchair accessable mice ramp....

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 11:14:22 AM »
Sorry to hear about this too Rich. Those little guys do cause damage all out of proportion to their size. And by the way, they are NOT related to Kirby.... he is actually a little bit insulted Chet.

The bucket / peanut butter / artificial log rolling device definately works. Instead of water, if you use antifreeze the mice will not rot and decompose into some kind of nasty biological hazard although they DO swell up to an amazing size and, of course, turn green (seriously). Personally I can't stand the thought of the little fellows swimming in the bucket until the tire and drown so I just make sure to keep freshly baited traps around the garage- they end up just as dead but it is faster for the mice.

Brian

hmmmmmmmmm
nuttin yet.....might have to make a wheelchair accessable mice ramp....
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »
Sorry to hear about this too Rich. Those little guys do cause damage all out of proportion to their size. And by the way, they are NOT related to Kirby.... he is actually a little bit insulted Chet.

The bucket / peanut butter / artificial log rolling device definately works. Instead of water, if you use antifreeze the mice will not rot and decompose into some kind of nasty biological hazard although they DO swell up to an amazing size and, of course, turn green (seriously). Personally I can't stand the thought of the little fellows swimming in the bucket until the tire and drown so I just make sure to keep freshly baited traps around the garage- they end up just as dead but it is faster for the mice.

Brian

I think he's exacting revenge.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Son of Pappy

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 02:31:57 PM »
How does third removed distant cousin work?  I'd hate for Kirby to exact revenge by chewing on Mr Elkhoof :(

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2012, 11:11:47 AM »
I think he's exacting revenge.

that is exactly correct....

besides, my dog would lap the A/F up and croak.... ???

Nuttin in the traps yet, and the bait stations have gone untouched....
methinks the culprets were stowaways from Richmond...and they didn't like the Ohio winter.... ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2012, 03:36:46 PM »
I hope it's not winter, I'm riding out that way this weekend.  Dayton, Pokey, Kent State and then back through PA to see the 9 11 memorial off route 30.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.