Author Topic: GPS Shopping op  (Read 2420 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: GPS Shopping op
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2019, 02:43:06 PM »
This gadget was what I was thinking about...

https://www.gpscity.com/dual-xgps160-skypro-gps-receiver

Link to my old non-phone tablet via BlueTooth.. power both from USB charger on bike...

viola.. big screen GPS ...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2019, 02:59:57 PM »
plus it makes everyone think you're using old school paper map in your map pocket.
Brilliant really.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2019, 03:20:46 PM »
OLD school?... just Old Eyes my friend... and bifocals on a bike really suck, very dangerous...  8)
I have some really nice "sunglass/safety glasses" with a small Bi-focal spot on the bottom, but man, they make your eyes get very tired after a couple hours.. to much "re-focus" time..

about 12 years ago, I got some "mini" glasses, and tried to wear them on a 3 hour ride, just reading type magnifiers.. worn down on my nose, as I don't need glasses to drive, just read at arms length..
Bright sunny day, and after 2 hours of riding, and the glare off the plastic on my tank bag map holder.. it felt like I was arc welding without goggles.. man, that was painful.. got sunburned eyeballs..

Now, when I use that map holder, I slip a "dark" nylon stocking over the bag, and it cuts the glare, but still allows perfect vision on the maps or scribbled "routing sheets" I have in there.. cheap solution, cost like $0.50 at a Goodwill store, for a pair...

just have to add, while I was searching for the remote, I was talking to wife, about doing this whole switch over.. and when she told me just how much she paid for my Garmin SP2610... I freaked.. she said that package she bought for me, (It had just come out, back around then, '04 iirc, ) cost her $1,000...... wow. times have changed.  Oh, she can't read the screen either, and uses her Tablet with connectivity for a navigator in the truck.. the phone is too small for her also..

« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 03:57:11 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2019, 04:33:51 PM »
fiddy cents at Goodwill?.....Good God man...are you buying used nylons?  :o  :rotflmao:

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2019, 05:42:59 PM »
fiddy cents at Goodwill?.....Good God man...are you buying used nylons?  :o  :rotflmao:

no, they actually had packages of brand new, unopened, ones there.. surprised me...  the one by me has a bunch of "new clothes", with tags on them.. I guess when people clean out the closet, they end up there.. not bad, can't complain, I bought 5 pairs of brand new shorts (shorts, not underwear) there, still had the tags on, for like $3 a pair.. size/price tags still on, from Kohles, and a couple other nice stores, showed them as between $30 to $45..each..  shoes go fast tho..  meh, it pays to stop in and look sometimes..

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2019, 06:09:29 PM »
I'd say it's safer than used condoms....

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2019, 08:15:27 PM »
I'd say it's safer than used condoms....

what are those?...

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2019, 04:59:24 PM »
what are those?...

If you ever had a job at a drive in movie theater cleaning up the lot at 3AM you'd know exactly what those are.

Trust me on this, we actually preferred picking up those to the used diapers, especially the used cloth leaky diapers.
The used condoms didn't draw flies, the diapers were covered with them.
Ahh yes the good ole days.  ::) :P :-[ :(

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2019, 08:22:36 AM »
Yeah, sure but they gave you a stick, right? Maybe nose plugs?

;D :o

If you ever had a job at a drive in movie theater cleaning up the lot at 3AM you'd know exactly what those are.

Trust me on this, we actually preferred picking up those to the used diapers, especially the used cloth leaky diapers.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2019, 02:30:46 PM »

OMG...... TMI marty... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :pukeface: :yikes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: