Author Topic: FREE RIDER TRAINING - Advanced Cornering Clinic, Quantico Va.  (Read 20740 times)

Offline Barry

• Arena
Re: FREE RIDER TRAINING - Advanced Cornering Clinic, Quantico Va.
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2012, 07:25:54 AM »
I'll be there on this...  you guys make sure to introduce yourselves on the 26th.  It is a great event put on by a super-nice bunch of guys.

Barry

Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap... Avoid it now, do a trackday.

Area P full exhaust, PC-V, Autotune, filter, flys out.

Offline Armyguns

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2012, 09:49:21 AM »
Can we get a head-count on who all is going to attend this?  According to the course web-site they have all 50 slots filled.  I know I have one of them.   I'm arriving sometime Wed afternoon.  Staying at the TownePlace Suites.  If anyone wants to meet for dinner let me know. 
2010 C14 ABS

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2012, 10:26:12 AM »
I'm going, although the weather doesn't look too promising.  '87 Wineberry with a black shorty windshield and a new rear tire with just about 20 miles on it so far.  I just did them this past weekend.  hopefully I can add a few miles before then to cook the tire in.

Frank Hunt
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2012, 10:33:18 AM »
The June 28th class is listed already.  Did I miss the sign up for a May one?
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Armyguns

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2012, 11:22:12 AM »
The June 28th class is listed already.  Did I miss the sign up for a May one?

May registration closed a couple of weeks ago.  Registration was hovering around 30 of 50 for a while through March.  I didn't check it for about two weeks and when I did, it showed 50/50 with 1 on Stand-by.  I see the June class already has 13 or 50 slots filled. 
2010 C14 ABS

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2012, 11:08:58 AM »
Rained out today.  Sucked for Armyguns because he came all the way from Jersey.  Nice to meet you by the way.  For the others, they told us if we come back tomorrow, they will fit us in (because it never really fills up)!  Come on local guys - they said just show up and you can ride!

You might even get to see someone drop a HD!

Offline Armyguns

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2012, 02:23:35 PM »
Rained out today.  Sucked for Armyguns because he came all the way from Jersey.  Nice to meet you by the way.  For the others, they told us if we come back tomorrow, they will fit us in (because it never really fills up)!  Come on local guys - they said just show up and you can ride!

You might even get to see someone drop a HD!

Made it back safely, despite rain pretty much the entire way home.  The rain was more of a nusance than a hazard.  568 miles round trip.  That was by far the most expensive FREE riding class I didn't get the chance to take!  Two days off from work (without pay), $53.13 in gas,  $96.80 for a hotel, about $45 in food and I don't know how much in tolls since I used my EZPass.  I can't afford to attend too many of these, especially if they get cancelled like this one did!  ;D

On the bright side- I got a great opportunity to try out the Russell Day Long seat which just came in last week.  Two 250+ mile days back to back and I can say for certain the seat is awesome.  Doubling that mileage would not have been a problem with anything related to sitting.  I'll post a review in the appropriate place.  Another plus was getting to meet RFH87_Connie.  Nice talking with you!  I will send the LED write-up to you as promised. 

2010 C14 ABS

Offline Barry

• Arena
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2012, 06:05:26 AM »
Hi - sorry about the drive.  I provided very specific feedback to both Ed (decider of the cancellation) when he stopped by, another instructor, and via feedback form.

I strongly suggested that since people are losing pay/leave, or have other travel expenses to attend the ACC, in the interest of customer service, they need a PLAN B.  What do we do if/when the ACC is cancelled?  I expect to do SOMETHING for 5-8 hours.  Theory, classroom instruction, conversation on riding and skills.  The problem is we all have a day blocked off, they cancell the ACC and they are already at work.

Hopefully they take note of this. It's a good resource, but when the riding aspect of the class is affected by heat/rain, it seems everything just stops... that is not acceptable, IMHO.

Barry
Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap... Avoid it now, do a trackday.

Area P full exhaust, PC-V, Autotune, filter, flys out.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2012, 01:07:29 PM »
A July 26th class is enrolling now!  I signed up.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2012, 11:26:16 AM »
Are any of the classes this year,,,, scheduled closer to Texas??
For instance, at Fort Hood?

Ride safe, Ted

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2012, 07:18:13 AM »
Who's going tomorrow?  I'll be there.  Just put the bike together last night.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2012, 01:16:40 PM »
Man it was a hot day for class yesterday!  Just about 99 degree air temp, high humidity too.  The course this time was very technical.  I mananaged to maybe get up to around 50 to 55 mph.  It was many more turns and less straights this time.  I did a lot of tire sliding and hard front braking - no real scares though.  Connie suffers from a skinny front tire (early model) a lot on this type of course.  When I got home I was worn out.  Here's a pic of my front tire.

Edit:  I have a pretty new Avon Venom on the back (both tires are radials), it very well with no major wear.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2012, 09:53:37 AM »
Anybody going tomorrow?  I'll be there at 8am!  Should be GREAT weather.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2012, 12:47:50 PM »
Last class of the year.  I'll be there.  Anybody else?