Author Topic: tripling my horsepower!  (Read 5466 times)

Offline BigEdPVD

tripling my horsepower!
« on: January 09, 2016, 01:29:50 PM »
That headline got your attention, didn't it?!?

Ok, no, I don't mean I'm trying to triple the HP on a C14.  Just going from my old bike to my new one is almost 3x the crank HP.

62hp 1990 VX800 my old bike

160 (claimed) 2009 Concours 14, my current!

The bike has a Area P slip on, although I am looking to go duals, a Sargent seat, and a couple farkles on it, GPS and XM radio.  I LOVE this bike! 

About me, I am from New England, grew up mostly in Rhode Island.  Spending the winter in central Florida this year, and heading back to RI after the Concours Rally in the Smokey Mountains!
"You've seen it, you've HEARD it, and you're still asking questions?!?"
"Yeah, when do we go for a RIDE!?!?"

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: tripling my horsepower!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 01:36:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 02:10:40 PM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 02:39:09 PM »
Welcome BigEd.  HP numbers close to 160 are attainable with proper mods and tuning. Have fun.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 11:13:42 PM »
That headline got your attention, didn't it?!?

Ok, no, I don't mean I'm trying to triple the HP on a C14.  Just going from my old bike to my new one is almost 3x the crank HP.

62hp 1990 VX800 my old bike

160 (claimed) 2009 Concours 14, my current!

The bike has a Area P slip on, although I am looking to go duals, a Sargent seat, and a couple farkles on it, GPS and XM radio.  I LOVE this bike! 

About me, I am from New England, grew up mostly in Rhode Island.  Spending the winter in central Florida this year, and heading back to RI after the Concours Rally in the Smokey Mountains!

Welcome Mr. Big Ed PVD. Now that you realize you have triple the horses, make sure you have the tires to tame this beast- nothing less than Michelin PR's in any iteration with an optional 55 rear aspect ratio.

Offline BigEdPVD

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 03:19:51 AM »
Welcome Mr. Big Ed PVD. Now that you realize you have triple the horses, make sure you have the tires to tame this beast- nothing less than Michelin PR's in any iteration with an optional 55 rear aspect ratio.

Not wanting to get in a tire war, but, I the think Pirelli Angel ST will be my next tire.  After my first set of PR2s on the VX, I may have to say I am not a huge fan of Michelin. 
"You've seen it, you've HEARD it, and you're still asking questions?!?"
"Yeah, when do we go for a RIDE!?!?"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 07:53:08 AM »
It's all about personal choice unless it's a car tire.  Then all bets are off.  The PR series works well on our bikes.  I have an Angel on the front at the moment, getting ready to put one on the rear soon.  I've been running nothing but PR3s.  I'm only putting that on because of the deal we got on them.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 08:48:12 AM »
I get a good price on 180/55 Angel STs from my local indy shop.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 05:16:10 PM »
Triple the braking power too!
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 07:28:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum! I only went 1.5X when I bought my 2010 C14, but what a difference that makes!