Author Topic: Helmets.... That time of the decade again  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Snype

Helmets.... That time of the decade again
« on: February 10, 2019, 10:29:03 PM »
Well, my Nolan has lost the last of its foam.  Time to get a new lid.  I really like the Nanotech 2, but I hear that the Sena system in it is based on the 10 series stuff.  I hear the 20' s are fantastic.  Any word from real people on the 30?  I cannot find any reviews that are not some kind of ad.  Any one have experience with the Nanotech 2 and the Sena 20/30?

Snype

Offline chi-gpz1100

Re: Helmets.... That time of the decade again
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 12:04:42 AM »
Somehow (¿?) a duplicate thread got started. I've removed the duplicate.... carry on :)

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 09:02:00 AM »
If a non-flip helmet is a possibility, Shoei is bringing out the GT Air 2 in March in the UK. From a press release article, "Backing up the helmets top-end credentials is compatibility with Sena’s SRL2 intercom, an updated version of the unit already available for Shoei’s flip-front Neotec II, a must-have for any serious touring motorcyclist.".
Full article: https://www.visordown.com/news/product-news/shoei-gt-air-ii-set-launch-march-2019

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 06:11:58 PM »
Chi!  ;D
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline FTB530

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 06:55:59 PM »
A guy I rode with a few times just bought the Neo Tec 2 and mounted his Sena 20 Evo on it , he said it work fine.
The SRL is the same as the 20 just configured to fit inside the back of the helmet!

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 09:21:50 PM »
Schuberth C4 with the SC1A integrated system works well. I’ve seen where the C4 doesn’t have the best reviews, but I’ve been happy with mine. Revzilla has had the C4 on sale for $349 since before Christmas. That is slightly over half off. SC1A is made by Sena. Pop in the SC1A cartridge on one side of the helmet and the battery on the other side and you are all set. Speakers, mic, fm antenna, and all wiring is pre-installed in the C4. Best of all, nothing protruding out the side of the helmet like most Bluetooth systems. You would never know that the helmet had Bluetooth installed looking at it.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline Snype

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 10:50:28 PM »
That's what I liked about the Nolans; the helmet looked normal.. didn't have a bulky thing protruding. 

I was hoping the SRL for the Neotech 2 would fit the bill, but the reviews ahve all been very unfavorable. 

Anyone out there have an SRL?  They just patched it in January and I am curious if it made a difference...

Scheuberth are on the list of helmets I want to try.  It's nice to hear a favorable review. 

Snype