Author Topic: The ZX that was almost a C-14  (Read 3853 times)

Offline 238mph

The ZX that was almost a C-14
« on: September 23, 2014, 01:10:53 AM »
I built this particular ZX-14 to be a sport touring machine, that could easily still hit 194mph even with the bags on... It had helibar risers, etc and of course a lot of perf mods done by myself, and the cans were empty... nothing in them at all... but wanted to keep the stock look.

Sweet bike, but still wasn't comfortable after 4 hours in the saddle.
I did this one in black and white, and it was so much fun because everyone thought I was a police bike... lotta stories with that lol.

But when it was time to get serious, there was only one... the ONE.  And that would be this baby.

Now I'm trying to build a GTR, with nearly all the power of the ZX, that can morph in 30 seconds from a ZX to a GTR, and yet give you ride comfort all day...
I am more excited about this build than any others ....  8)

Can't wait to post up some pics... thanks by the way to some of the guys on here that gave me some tips on parts that are interchangeable....
And I did see a ZX with a  double nitrous bottle setup... in the bags... hahahhahaaaa   What a sleeper the GTR would be if I hid some juice in the bags... 8)

I build other machines besides bikes... for getting dirty.   :)

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
Re: The ZX that was almost a C-14
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 03:31:23 AM »
Nice!  8) :thumbs:
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 04:46:02 AM »

That RockZilla is cool  8)

Can't wait to see the C14 you build.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 06:11:02 AM »
238 do you still have the "ONE" I'm guessing this is the bike you got your name from.
Sick looking rock rig  :chugbeer: :finger_fing11:

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 06:24:36 AM »
Going to put this thread on hold for the time being as the OP is currently unable to respond....
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010