Author Topic: So, where did ZG go?  (Read 69804 times)

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Re: So, where did ZG go?
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2015, 03:49:24 PM »
:rotflmao:    ;D :chugbeer:

Glad you liked it ZG. WeI appreciate all the photos you feed us. Job well done.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2015, 05:43:12 PM »
I still visit both forums, so I didn't even notice that anybody left. ZG put a lot of forum miles on, so it's too bad that he left.

The COG forum has some blatantly arrogant members that I find really annoying.
It's kinda like a cult, except there's half a dozen Reverend Jim Jones...LOL.
I could easily give it up....it's been downright boring since BDF left anyway. :o

This forum is better anyway.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as an "Ignore List"...LOL. Cool. Not that I'll use it, but I like the idea.

That's a sign of OCD by the way...LOL>
or CDO if you prefer (in alphabetical order ;D :o)

Rem
:goodpost:
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2015, 06:21:12 PM »
Do you have any pics of the light pattern w/ the PIAA's on / off?

Sorry DZG, I don't, but when I do I'll post em up for ya, I've been running em on 100% of the time day/night ever since install, I don't plan to ever run with em off...  :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2015, 06:23:05 PM »
Glad you liked it ZG. WeI appreciate all the photos you feed us. Job well done.

Thanks bro!  :grouphug: :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2015, 06:31:32 PM »
I don't like ZG not being here cause he can take my directed jokes so well.
I try with others, and get crickets. :)

Indeed, I get yer odd bay area humor MP!  ;D
You going to the Nat bro? Not far from you at all, I really hope you can make it!  :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2015, 08:13:08 PM »
I really like the smoked plastic reservoirs- did you say they were just stock '15 types from Kawi? Very slick....

Yep, just the stock 15 res's, bolt right up, no modification needed, and actually pretty inexpensive too.  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2015, 03:03:57 PM »
Indeed, I get yer odd bay area humor MP!  ;D
You going to the Nat bro? Not far from you at all, I really hope you can make it!  :chugbeer:

I have my cabin at the KOA booked, just trying to work it out with the SO.
We were trying to make it to Oregon again, but I don't think she has enough vacation so I'm hoping to make it to the NAT instead.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2015, 10:48:46 PM »
Yep, just the stock 15 res's, bolt right up, no modification needed, and actually pretty inexpensive too.  :thumbs: :thumbs:

right... define "pretty inexpensive"  :o   ;D
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2015, 04:02:04 AM »
+1  :)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2015, 11:19:54 AM »

Compared to Ohlin's suspension, Anniversary edition ZX14 calipers, high quality paint job, the brake and clutch reservoirs are pretty inexpensive.   ???
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2015, 12:03:39 PM »
Compared to Ohlin's suspension, Anniversary edition ZX14 calipers, high quality paint job, the brake and clutch reservoirs are pretty inexpensive.   ???

Ahhh, Zg's 'Theory of Relativity'.  :)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2015, 01:07:58 PM »
Just for fun, I looked those up. Not counting ebay finds it looks like it would run around $150.00 or more with shipping etc. No I didn't spend hours on the research, so yeah it could be cheaper. What I did find surprised me in that almost everywhere I checked the 2015 brake reservoir was approx. double the cost of the 2015 clutch reservoir.  Then I checked prices for older models and the reservoirs were identical in price.  Wassup wit dat?  ???

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2015, 01:15:47 PM »
Jay confirmed that price difference when he got them. He couldn't find out why either.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2015, 01:16:22 PM »
Just for fun, I looked those up. Not counting ebay finds it looks like it would run around $150.00 or more with shipping etc. No I didn't spend hours on the research, so yeah it could be cheaper. What I did find surprised me in that almost everywhere I checked the 2015 brake reservoir was approx. double the cost of the 2015 clutch reservoir.  Then I checked prices for older models and the reservoirs were identical in price.  Wassup wit dat?  ???

One is on the right and one is on the left of course. You wouldn't expect them to be the same for 2015 would ya?    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2015, 05:16:39 PM »
Quote from: fartymarty
What I did find surprised me in that almost everywhere I checked the 2015 brake reservoir was approx. double the cost of the 2015 [older] clutch reservoir.  Wassup wit dat?  ???

Didn't you know?  Making them a different color saves tons and tons of money!!!  That white plastic is just so expensive!

OK, you've lost me max'. I know you were being amusing, but (going by your editing) I think you missed my point?

Oh well, not to worry, here you go..
http://tinyurl.com/max-laugh

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2015, 06:09:05 PM »
OK, you've lost me max'. I know you were being amusing, but (going by your editing) I think you missed my point?

Oh crap, you are right, I totally misread it.  Figures.... sorry about that :)  Imma just zap my post.

Oh well, not to worry, here you go..
http://tinyurl.com/max-laugh

I liked that part :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2015, 11:17:18 AM »

Ahhh, Zg's 'Theory of Relativity'.  :)

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

My cost was only about $100 for the set, which to me was well worth getting rid of those ugly white ones.  :) :chugbeer:

Offline quickwilly

• Meh
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2015, 03:25:54 PM »
So Jay,

Did you even ride this past week with all the great weather we're having??  ::) ::) ::)
2009 Connie
2000 ZX-12R

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2015, 12:32:53 PM »
So Jay,

Did you even ride this past week with all the great weather we're having??  ::) ::) ::)

Long time no talk bro, hope all is well with you and family, give me a shout sometime so we can go riding!  :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2015, 10:25:07 PM »
I got a new rear trunk, one of those big massive Corbin 70 liter one's, man o man is this thing massive!!  :o

I'm looking forward to having it for my trip to the Nat in June, and mama is loving the comfort it provides with the big backrest and armrests, win win!!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

A very big special thanks to Phil (aka Phil's Rack), he made me a super sano custom setup rails/sliders combo that lines the trunk up with the lines of the side cases and also allows me to slide it back or forward for when I'm running my Corbin smuggler trunk or mama's Corbin back seat...
It's awesome, thanks Phil, you're the best!!  :chugbeer:

Here's some pics... I had it paint matched to my current bodywork, also had them do the bottom in a textured matte black to match the side cases, I like how it turned out.  :)