Author Topic: Second TPS battery warning  (Read 8978 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Second TPS battery warning
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 11:40:02 AM »
Some good ideas there Max...how about solar powered?

That too, damnit!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline texrider

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 09:45:23 AM »
My sensors have been temp sensitive for a while now, and took a few miles to wake up. Last ride I got the LO BATT warning from the rear sensor, and had to clear the screen every time. Looks like I'll be attempting to solder in new batteries at next tire swap.  :(
2014 Valkyrie

Offline JerBear

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 12:12:11 PM »
Assuming I don't want a tpms will the wanting go away or stop all together when the batts die completely?  Can they be removed to get rid of it sooner?  Mine are 4 years old and cold mornings it take alot of warming for them to clear and the two button push in a pain with gloves on.  I don't really want or need tpms so if it goes away I'm headed that way.
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 12:19:30 PM »
Once the battery dies, then the warnings go away.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 04:17:51 PM »
And then
---
---
Joel from Maine.

Offline c1obrien

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 08:53:08 AM »
I replaced a TPS battery yesterday with help from this forum, and it was easier than I thought. I haven't had a chance to test it yet as I'm waiting for new 90 degree valve stems, but I can see no reason it shouldn't be just fine..  Here are some pics:
chip

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 09:05:02 AM »
Thanks for posting. It looks like you unsoldered the old battery from the tabs and soldered the tabs to the new battery? Were you worried that the heat would damage the new battery?
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline c1obrien

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2012, 09:12:11 AM »
I was aware of the danger, so the new battery was no where near the area being soldered. I bent the metal connectors so they put pressure on the battery for a solid connection.
chip

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2012, 09:29:58 AM »
I was aware of the danger, so the new battery was no where near the area being soldered. I bent the metal connectors so they put pressure on the battery for a solid connection.
chip
So the new battery is NOT soldered. Hopefully vibration will not be a problem. I bought some batteries that have tabs but they are not ideally positioned and I have not decided yet wether to use them. I will be eager to hear about your test ride.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline c1obrien

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2012, 09:33:46 AM »
No, I did not solder the battery. There isn't much room for it to move where it is, plus there's that little yellow "spring" thing that presses down on it. It's crunched in there pretty tightly!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2012, 09:34:26 AM »
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine