Author Topic: Victory demo truck  (Read 4647 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Victory demo truck
« on: September 15, 2013, 10:43:24 AM »
Victory demo truck is currently in the Denver area. I rode 4 different models yesterday. If I was in the market for a V-twin cruiser or tour, Victory would have a good chance at my business. The biggest surprise for me was the Vision. If you can get past the ugly as sin aspect of the bike, it is the most comfortable, relaxing ride I have ever been on. Even topping the Gold Wing IMO. The best part of the demo rides was when I got back on my Connie. It felt so sweet compared to those bikes. Like driving a mini-van then getting into a Z06 Corvette.

Offline NuckaMan

Re: Victory demo truck
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 05:56:15 AM »
I totally agree with you.

A friend and I rented a Vision and Street Glide for a day a couple years ago now. We swapped back and forth throughout the day. Hands down, the Vision was far superior in comfort and performance. Definitely a bike that attracts alot of attention. I think I would go for a Goldwing for a luxury tourer though.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 10:48:52 AM »
I like the Victory bikes, and have ridden them... but none of them came close to my 06 Wing in comfort or performance... and smoothness.

Now, I would love to be able to demo the new Indian's... I hear they are a whole different breed...  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 12:32:42 PM »
I like the Victory bikes, and have ridden them... but none of them came close to my 06 Wing in comfort or performance... and smoothness.

Now, I would love to be able to demo the new Indian's... I hear they are a whole different breed... 8)
:rotflmao: That's just a little insensitive isn't it?

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 01:08:45 PM »
:rotflmao: That's just a little insensitive isn't it?

... and I want to ride a red one.  8)
Rob

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 02:59:35 PM »
Hey Rob, the Victory truck is going to be at CO Powersports in Thorton on Wednesday. Not too far from you.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 03:04:50 PM »
Hey Rob, the Victory truck is going to be at CO Powersports in Thorton on Wednesday. Not too far from you.

But they won't have the Indians... that would be the bikes I would like to ride.  I haven't seen an Indian dealer pop up here in the Denver area yet... closest is in Nebraska.  :o
Rob

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 03:42:00 PM »
... and I want to ride a red one.  8)

Do have to make a reservation to demo one?

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 03:52:41 PM »

Nice!   ;D
Rob

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 04:24:51 PM »

Nope. Just show up, show your license, get a wrist band, walk out to the demo bikes and put your helmet on one your like to ride. They go out about every 45 minutes or so and you can ride as many bikes as you like. They had 14 different bikes from fat tire bobbers to the full luxury tour Vision.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 10:06:18 AM »
I'll agree with the Vision comments. But I just could not get a handle on the front of the bike being WAAAAAY out there. One of the better factory suspensions I've ridden though other than the Buell Ulysses I tried once.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 09:05:47 PM »
I'll agree with the Vision comments. But I just could not get a handle on the front of the bike being WAAAAAY out there. One of the better factory suspensions I've ridden though other than the Buell Ulysses I tried once.

I really want to take a Vision out, personally I think they are pretty cool.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 09:03:31 AM »

I really want to take a Vision out, personally I think they are pretty cool.

The demo truck is still in Denver this weekend and I plan to go again and take the Vision for another spin. The other one I wanted to ride was the Judge. A bobber without a stupid fat tire on the back. That might be pretty fun. After riding a Hammer 8 ball with a 250 rear tire and a skinny front tire I think I now know what it's like to be a dark sider.

Offline eng943

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 05:58:33 PM »
The Vision is absolutely hideous looking, but I give Victory kudos for not simply trotting out an Ultra Classic clone.

Cruisers are just not my cup of tea. I find it VERY uncomfortable supporting my weight on spine and not having my legs directly beneath me. That, and you could not pay me enough to aquire a pirate wardrobe.
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline DenverC-14

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 10:01:57 AM »
The demo truck is still in Denver this weekend and I plan to go again and take the Vision for another spin. The other one I wanted to ride was the Judge. A bobber without a stupid fat tire on the back. That might be pretty fun. After riding a Hammer 8 ball with a 250 rear tire and a skinny front tire I think I now know what it's like to be a dark sider.
I took a jackpot out with said 250 rear. That thing simply did not want to lean over. I was, however, reasonably impressed with the power output. Better than most of the other V-twin cruisers I've ridden the past few years. But the cost of those bikes is insane, as least for me. I'm more in the 'value for money' camp, and 16k for nothing but some chrome and a fat tire is a tad excessive.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 11:09:59 AM »
I took a jackpot out with said 250 rear. That thing simply did not want to lean over. I was, however, reasonably impressed with the power output. Better than most of the other V-twin cruisers I've ridden the past few years. But the cost of those bikes is insane, as least for me. I'm more in the 'value for money' camp, and 16k for nothing but some chrome and a fat tire is a tad excessive.

Yea I rode the Jackpot as well. Now I know what it is like to be a dark sider. The Judge was much better. Fun bike but absolutely stripped down bar hopper for about the same price as a C14. I don't think so.