Author Topic: WSP Trooper killed  (Read 3278 times)

Son of Pappy

WSP Trooper killed
« on: February 23, 2012, 09:33:33 AM »
http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2012/feb/23/trooper-shot-killed-traffic-stop-near-gorst/

Woke up this Morning to a pair of helos circling the lake and house.  Turned on the news to find out the truck that was stopped was found less then a half mile away.  Got properly dressed, pulled dog in, checked on Pappy and then the neighbors, so far nothing suspicious.

Please pray for the Troopers family and to a speedy apprehension of the suspect without further incident.

For those in the PNW it has been a wacky week....  I grew up here, cleared the land when I was a kid.  I loved the country living.  It aint so country anymore.  So much trouble and in large part drug related.  Time to move >:(

Offline midnightrider

• Arena
Re: WSP Trooper killed
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:55:24 AM »
So sad to hear this.

Prayers for the family and friends.
2004 C10 RIP

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 10:02:47 AM »
 :'(
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:09:11 AM »
 :'(
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 10:44:48 AM »
Suspect in custody, self inflicted wound.  More to follow.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 10:55:28 AM »
Suspect in custody, self inflicted wound.  More to follow.
To bad he missed.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 11:18:21 AM »
Why can't people properly kill themselves so we don't have to go thru a trial?  >:(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 03:08:22 PM »
GORST — Washington State Patrol Trooper Tony Radulescu was shot and killed on Highway 16 early Thursday and a possible suspect in the shooting has died at Tacoma General Hospital of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

A Kitsap County SWAT team found the possible suspect on Scofield Road in rural South Kitsap shortly after 9 a.m. Members heard a single gunshot wound as the approached the house, according to Kitsap County Sheriff's Deputy Ken Dickinson.

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2012/feb/23/trooper-shot-killed-traffic-stop-near-gorst/#ixzz1nFH5nldR

At least the POS did something right.

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 03:21:22 PM »
Radio reports are saying "He is clinging to life".  They are also saying the "suspect was part of an early release program who was in jail for meth production and distribution.  My daughter called a bit ago, she went to school with one of the slain officers sons and someone she has stayed in contact with.  I would say this community is in shock.
Early release from prison must stop.  How many repeat offenders are needed as proof that it doesn't work.

Drugs are evil.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 04:24:44 PM »
Why can't people properly kill themselves so we don't have to go thru a trial?  >:(
Or at least properly "resist arrest" when the time comes.

SOP - Don't have to tell me about repeat offenders.  In my first 8 years as a CO, I knew one guy under two different names and three different ID numbers.  And he's probably been back since.  (Fortunately, in his case, he's never been violent, but he can't stay away from drugs, or apparently, narcotic officers)
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Son of Pappy

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 04:33:47 PM »
Update.  Suspect died.  Saves some tax payer $$$$

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 05:03:27 AM »
 :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 08:06:39 PM »
So sad for the Troopers family and friends. God bless!!
Every traffic stop could be their last.
Joel from Maine.

Offline backoutonthehighway

• More cowbell!
    • Back Out On The Highway
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 08:55:12 PM »
He shot the wrong guy first. My dad was a LEO. This was our worst nightmare. My condelances to the family and the community.
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)