Author Topic: A year later  (Read 2009 times)

Offline F-106

A year later
« on: April 01, 2012, 03:00:04 PM »
After a year of owning my 2006 Concours I still really enjoy the bike. I had a 2001 Honda Valkyrie for 7 years and I needed a change. The bike just went as far as I could take it and needed a new project. I started riding back in 1979 and had 13 Hondas since that time. I remember when the Connie came out. I always like the bike and watched it through the years. Talked to riders that had them and said to my self it I was to go the sport tourer it would be a Connie. Well, last year I sold the Valk and bought my 06 from a good friend that bought the bike from a man that has passed away. April 1, 2011 I rode it home and a new journey began with the Connie.  Over the last year the seat was reworked. Tires changed out, fluids changed, new windshield installed and mounted the trunk. Overall this bike reminds me of the 1983 Honda CX650 Turbo I had back in the day. I feel like a young man in his 20’s again riding the Connie. She has a classic look and clean lines that flow from the front fairing to the tail section, as most bikes did by in the 80’s. She is easy to maintain and store in the garage with room to spare and is the first bike I have had in 7 years I can push up my driveway. This next year I hope to get the bags and trunk painted, improve the brakes and front suspension, send the carbs to Steve and install his cams. Yes, I and impressed with my 06 and hope for many more years to come with her. 

IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
Re: A year later
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 03:49:08 PM »
Well.................................................I'm not surprised.
I agree completly, except for mine is an 01, is Sonic Blue, is my 9th bike, has lots of stickers, it's my 2nd Connie, and did I mention the stickers ?
I will have something else sometime, but right now, there is just no need.
Ride safe all,
Greg

;D
PS: Is this a picture thread ?
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline timsatx

• Arena
Re: A year later
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 08:12:09 AM »
Hey, don't forget to mention your stickers.  ;)