Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852748 times)

Offline mikeeitup

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #3260 on: November 13, 2018, 11:28:54 PM »
Just finished my second TPMS battery change (but this time without fking everything up). Very pleased with the work done. At least this sensor is in excellent condition to start and has the shock absorbing spring unlike the last sensor. Remember, ALWAYS replace the dang rubber gasket!!!! My last one leaked like a sumbitch because I was too cheap to do it right!
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3261 on: November 14, 2018, 07:06:50 AM »
Maybe you should plastic wrap up the bike or something?

saran or glad?

Sounds like the Kirkland brand is the way to go. Except that mice chew through plastic wrap.

I do hate to use poison on the lil critters but I hate having my bike eaten MUCH more. 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3262 on: November 14, 2018, 08:54:31 AM »
I use the bucket type traps with RV anti freeze in them. Kills them in bunches. I keep poision out as backup. I have acres of tall grass around me so it is a constant battle. I think I am winning though!

Sounds like the Kirkland brand is the way to go. Except that mice chew through plastic wrap.

I do hate to use poison on the lil critters but I hate having my bike eaten MUCH more.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #3263 on: November 14, 2018, 12:50:25 PM »
Installed 2 PIAA Sports Horns.
Bitchin' dude. Are they loud?
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Hexrays

« Reply #3264 on: November 14, 2018, 12:54:30 PM »
Bitchin' dude. Are they loud?
They sound like the old Cadillac horns. Kinda funny coming from a bike.  :D
2014 C14, Risers, Cee Bailey Windshield, Givi Top case, GTR Ultra Series LED's, PIAA Sports Horns, Kuryakyn Passenger ISO Pegs.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #3265 on: November 14, 2018, 05:41:53 PM »
I changed the oil (engine and final drive), cleaned her up and also ordered a Go Cruise (finally).

Didn't ride it though as I had other things to finish off.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3266 on: November 15, 2018, 07:13:32 PM »
Looks like a clean install. Any wiring upgrades needed?
Wayne

Installed 2 PIAA Sports Horns.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Hexrays

« Reply #3267 on: November 15, 2018, 08:26:11 PM »
Looks like a clean install. Any wiring upgrades needed?
Wayne
No special wiring. Just used a piggyback spade connector to run the second set of wires to the other horn.
2014 C14, Risers, Cee Bailey Windshield, Givi Top case, GTR Ultra Series LED's, PIAA Sports Horns, Kuryakyn Passenger ISO Pegs.

Offline okrider

• Dora: '11 Black
« Reply #3268 on: November 25, 2018, 05:18:31 PM »
Paging Man of Blues..

Riding around today, noticed oil smell from the exhaust. Some digging points me towards the camshaft position sensor. A little bit of searching later, I found out about MOB's seals sold on Murph's. I've read multiple threads on the subject. If there's a good thread that has step by step directions, if someone can link it, I'd appreciate it. It seems like I can reach in there with a box wrench and remove the sensor bolt simply by loosening the left fairing (the one with the fins).

Mainly trying to confirm I don't have to remove the valve cover and can get by with just swapping the seal on the sensor and bolting it back on.

Thanks,
OK
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3270 on: November 25, 2018, 05:41:14 PM »
Got it up on the lift. See if I can make the horn work again.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3271 on: November 25, 2018, 08:22:45 PM »
Riding around today, noticed oil smell from the exhaust.

I think mine is also now dripping oil or something on the exhaust manifold, too.  I have noticed over the past several months, a burning smell after parking.  It is getting worse.  Sometimes it does smell like oil, other times more like plastic or even wood at times.  Quite bizarre.  I have even looked around with a flashlight and never find anything.  Still ignoring it for now :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline okrider

• Dora: '11 Black
« Reply #3272 on: November 25, 2018, 09:00:40 PM »
Looking at it from the front with a flashlight, the left half of the engine is stained with oil which leads me to think it's the left o-ring that is leaking. I recently did my first oil change since purchasing the bike and used Rotella. I'm thinking the different viscosity or switching to synthetic (assuming PO used dinosaur oil), made it easier to leak.

'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #3273 on: November 26, 2018, 06:56:19 AM »
Weather was nice this weekend. About 75*-78* and clear, so I invited my nephew and took both Connie's out for some exercise.                                                                   :thumbs:

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3274 on: November 26, 2018, 07:42:24 PM »
I think mine is also now dripping oil or something on the exhaust manifold, too.  I have noticed over the past several months, a burning smell after parking.  It is getting worse.  Sometimes it does smell like oil, other times more like plastic or even wood at times.  Quite bizarre.  I have even looked around with a flashlight and never find anything.  Still ignoring it for now :)

I’ve gotten that burnt wood smell a few times. (actually, not even burnt. Just hot wood that is about to start burning) Kept thinking maybe I picked up a stick or something in or near the head pipes. I’ve looked and looked but never found anything. It is a little disconcerting pulling into an attached garage and having a smell like something is about to catch fire.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3275 on: November 26, 2018, 08:09:20 PM »
I’ve gotten that burnt wood smell a few times. (actually, not even burnt. Just hot wood that is about to start burning) Kept thinking maybe I picked up a stick or something in or near the head pipes. I’ve looked and looked but never found anything. It is a little disconcerting pulling into an attached garage and having a smell like something is about to catch fire.

LOL!!  Thank God I am not losing my mind.  If it were only once, I would dismiss it as a leaf or something.  But it has been multiple times.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3276 on: November 27, 2018, 04:30:34 AM »
Same here. Puzzling.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3277 on: November 27, 2018, 12:42:16 PM »
I've had the same experience.  Could be the cam sensor seal leaking down on to the exhaust but not enough to really worry about.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3278 on: November 27, 2018, 04:10:05 PM »
I've had the same experience.  Could be the cam sensor seal leaking down on to the exhaust but not enough to really worry about.

Is that seal made of wood?
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3279 on: November 28, 2018, 05:49:35 AM »
Of course not, silly boy, but there aren't any leaves and such under the covers.  What else could it be?