Author Topic: Bearinged up shifter  (Read 28251 times)

Offline kzz1king

Re: Bearinged up shifter
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2019, 02:18:24 PM »
Well I cant leave well enough alone so I ordered one. Time for oil change so shifting is not as smooth. Going to try this out before oil change just to see if any difference.

Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2019, 03:59:39 PM »
Well I cant leave well enough alone so I ordered one. Time for oil change so shifting is not as smooth. Going to try this out before oil change just to see if any difference.

Well, don't tighten it to 20ftlbs like I did...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2019, 07:03:50 AM »
fyi; When I installed my bearinged up shifter it would move in and out slightly {as the bearings were not tight in the shifter}.
  {I think this may be what caused the gap that Maxtog had}
Murph had me put Loc Tite on the OD of the bearings.
   (I think I used Surperglue Gel as that was what I had)
That prevented that little movement of the bearings inside the shifter.
Problem solved.

Ride safe, Ted
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 07:45:49 PM by connie_rider »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2019, 03:34:49 PM »
fyi; When I installed my bearinged up shifter it would move in and out slightly {as the bearings were not tight in the shifter}.   {I think this may be what caused the gap that Maxtog had}
Murph had me put Loc Tite on the OD of the bearings.    (I think I used Surperglue Gel as that was what I had) That prevented that little movement of the bearings. Problem solved.

I was under the assumption that the movement meant that it wasn't tight enough.  There certainly isn't any movement now. :/
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2019, 05:25:29 PM »
Well I finally got to test the bearing up. 12 days of a nasty virus. Finally feeling a bit better. My bike had a lot of slop. with over 60,000 on it it is understandable. The little plastic bushing was badly worn. Bearings fit nicely in mine. Did toss in a little loctite.

A great improvement on my bike. Real happy with it. May not be needed but if you have a high mileage bike and your shifter flops around.........

Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1