Author Topic: The Bike Show GTR1400 Road Test  (Read 6476 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: The Bike Show GTR1400 Road Test
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2018, 08:37:04 PM »
The main drawback with the 55 is the reduction of the contact patch. I think I'm going back to a 50 series.

The main drawback one is the height gain, damnit :)  But otherwise, yeah, the rounder profile also means a smaller contact patch.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2018, 10:39:07 PM »
You forgot bent knee.  :rotflmao:

If you have over 31 inch inseam (where it counts as the 2nd most important male body increment), you will be oh so happy with the 55 rear. That is the aspect that Kawasaki should have used as standard to begin with, according to every one I have queried.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2018, 07:15:02 AM »
Well, and if you don't like it, just raise the front 11.5mm!

I didn't say I didn't like it, I inferred I had reservations about it's safety in different situations and loading. However most ride them wetter and harder than I do so with the number of folks on 55s and no reports (that I've heard of) of weird oscillations at speed, I've decided to try 55s, and so far I like them. 
I do think both forums suffer sometimes from over exuberance of the latest fad, be it the latest flash, slip on, or tire series. I guess I'm just too reserved, although I've never been accused of that publicly.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2018, 07:34:25 AM »
I guess I'm just too reserved, although I've never been accused of that publicly.

Well,  "I second that emotion."  But I *have* been accused :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc