Author Topic: Custom Decals-Wraps  (Read 10843 times)

Offline KawaMan2015

Custom Decals-Wraps
« on: August 13, 2015, 09:07:54 PM »
Anyone have any advise on custom decals or wraps for our bikes? Send photos of your C14 or C10 changed!

Offline zarticus

• Arena
Re: Custom Decals-Wraps
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 02:45:21 PM »
I was wondering about those vinyl wraps like you see on some cars/trucks, Would be cool to change the color & ad some grafics to the bike .
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black

Offline jwh20

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 07:29:18 PM »
I think just about any "wrap" sill be able to fix you up.  It's a generic process that is then custom/hand applied.  I did find this photo:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 07:40:58 PM »
I think just about any "wrap" sill be able to fix you up.  It's a generic process that is then custom/hand applied.  I did find this photo:

That seems to be photoedited although it is really hard to tell.  If not, the plastic is over the logos and they painted the paniers and tank and nose grey?

Interesting, but I can't say I would ever want to have such graphics on MY Concours!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline TonyR

Offline jwh20

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 08:57:27 PM »
That seems to be photoedited although it is really hard to tell.  If not, the plastic is over the logos and they painted the paniers and tank and nose grey?

Interesting, but I can't say I would ever want to have such graphics on MY Concours!

I agree it's ugly as heck.  But the idea is that YOU can choose whatever they can print.  I'm pretty sure this is an actually wrapped C14.  Yes, the film will cover the logo.  It's really thin and clingy.  It's a lot like the window tinting film just colored instead of dark-tinted.  It will stick to almost anything.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 09:00:34 PM »
I don't anything about how or where to get it done, but how bout some photoshopped ideas:

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 08:43:16 AM »
I don't anything about how or where to get it done, but how bout some photoshopped ideas:

I like this one.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 10:01:11 AM »
3M seems to have the film marketplace, but this is the second runner up...http://graphics.averydennison.com/en/home/vehicle-wraps/products.html

they are local to me, with 3 manufacturing facilities within 4 miles of my home....
I'll have to stop in there and pic up some product info... also some of their certified installers are very local, might stop a one on my way accross town next week...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Taves_75

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 12:24:26 AM »
Yeah the vinyl vehicle wraps are quite good options. They are long lasting and at the same time you can get them at very affordable prices. I just got the custom full body vinyl wraps from vehicle wraps and they look amazing.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:08:23 PM by Taves_75 »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 03:47:17 AM »
So hows about some pics of your wrapped bike? Or are you just out spamming about?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 07:48:11 AM »
Didn't we have someone that did that in carbon fibre some years back?

So hows about some pics of your wrapped bike? Or are you just out spamming about?

Early to judgement, eh?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 08:29:44 AM »
Didn't we have someone that did that in carbon fibre some years back?

Early to judgement, eh?
Just asking.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 08:46:00 AM »
I would like to see some pics of C14's wrapped as well as what it cost, installation ease and such.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline O.C.

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2017, 02:11:37 AM »
Water transfer/Hydrographics is the future    ;) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-2oaSfy8RE
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650