Author Topic: 227.6 miles  (Read 1466 times)

Offline mikeyw64

Re: 227.6 miles
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2017, 01:15:49 pm »

After 300 or so I usually need a bathroom.  Yes, I have drained the 9.5 gallon setup from full. 

You have a 9.5 gallon bladder? Impressive!!!
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2017, 01:54:29 pm »
Hollow wooden leg.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2017, 02:00:52 pm »
The IBA has a rule in place limiting the max. number of miles between stops (fuel or otherwise) to 350 miles. The way around the bladder limitation is a Texas catheter, and they are used by IBA riders though I do not know how many of them do use them. The IBA also limits total fuel carried to 11.5 gallons but that is sufficient that they found people traveling too far between stops, making it impossible for them to duplicate the route.

Brian

<snip>

After 300 or so I usually need a bathroom.  Yes, I have drained the 9.5 gallon setup from full. 

saxman
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2017, 02:01:55 pm »
Yeah, well our gallons are not as big as your gallons. So it is pretty common for Americans to hold upwards of 10 gallons in our bladders.....

:rotflmao:

Brian

You have a 9.5 gallon bladder? Impressive!!!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2017, 09:17:37 pm »
Yeah, I know the IBA rules.  Hence the 11.0 gallon setup.  Some of those IBA rules are
"rules for the sake of having more rules".  They take themselves a little too seriously sometimes.

BTDT, got the T-shirt.  Not all events are the same rules as IBA...and not every ride is for an event.
Out here in the wild wild west, having extra gas means you can stop when you want to,
instead of every 100-120 miles.  With "only" 6 gallons, that is as far as I can go on back roads (and sometimes even ON the slab) before I start to wonder about where the next fuel stop will be.

Bladder:  It isn't the distance, it's the time.  And sometimes 300 miles is kinds short.
I can go 250+ miles every time.  Without the catheter.  Yeah, I know a few guys that use them. 
Never saw the benefit.  I mean, ya gotta stop for fuel, water, food, etc.  Learn to go a tankful
without stopping and do it all at once. 

saxman
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Online connie_rider

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2017, 08:11:19 am »
SVonhof, my apologies if I missed it.
But, how many gallons of gas did you pump into the bike after you ran out?

Ride safe, Ted

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2017, 06:55:55 pm »
SVonhof, my apologies if I missed it.
But, how many gallons of gas did you pump into the bike after you ran out?

Ride safe, Ted

I forgot to look. :-(  I really wish I had grabbed the receipt.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, StreetFX LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs