Author Topic: Something to discuss: The "other" issue with the hurricane devastation  (Read 1283 times)

Offline DeansZG

Is all the flooded out vehicles, cycles, quads, etc....   Unscrupulous dealers & individuals WILL no doubt, try to clean up & sell these flooded items to unsuspecting buyers in the next couple of years >:(. Although some of the hard parts "might" be able to be refurbished, but the interiors, & electronics would be toast, especially in that salt water environment.  I would bet that some of the second hand furniture/appliance stores are chomping at the bit to try & resell those damaged items also :yikes:
  Too bad there wouldn't be a foolproof way to I.D. all the items/vehicles that were flooded to eliminate re-selling them. 

I also wonder how much our the rest of the country's insurance premiums are going to increase to pay for the flood losses, since all the insurance companies really hate paying out claims??? :o
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Something to discuss: The "other" issue with the hurricane devastation
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 08:17:04 AM »
Fema is broke requiring more tax money
The fed flood ins. program is broke requiring more people to be enveloped into the flood maps and more tax money
Private ins. companies will be broke but to big to fail requiring more tax money

Do I see a pattern here?

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Something to discuss: The "other" issue with the hurricane devastation
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 10:42:21 AM »
There are some other actions happening at the same time. It appears the Gov. of the Virgin Islands has issued an order activating the National Guard (correct and fitting, of course) as well as the confiscation of firearms (not correct or legal). Ron Nagel tried the same thing after Katrina and it did not work then, and I doubt it will work this time either.

So now people in the Virgin Islands have to deal with Irma as well as their own fellow citizens.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/349305-nra-condemns-us-virgin-island-firearm-confiscation-plan

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com