Author Topic: Did Some One Mention Taser?  (Read 1782 times)

Offline BruceR

• Arena
Did Some One Mention Taser?
« on: September 06, 2017, 06:24:26 PM »
Last thread got locked, and not looking to re-hash the previous comments, but this hit the news tonight.  It seems the courts will decide what is or isn't appropriate.  This will be interesting because it will define how far an inmate can go, and how far the officers can go in controlling them.
http://www.newschannel5.com/news/cheatham-co-jailer-charged-with-assault-of-inmate

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Re: Did Some One Mention Taser?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 11:25:17 PM »
reading that/watching the embedded news report it sounds to me like the individual being charged is being made a scapegoat.

I would be less cynical if 2 or 3 of the others involved had also been charged with some sort of offence.

As for the sheriff's comments that he had not seen all the video previously  well, maybe he should have reviewed it before commenting initially.

Nah. something smells and it ain't my socks ;)
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 05:56:06 AM »
I think there's a 'we have to do SOMETHING' attitude since the video went public.  I agree that if there were several officers present, why is only 1 facing charges?  Wouldn't all present be complicit in a crime committed against the inmate?  The one guard may lose his job but I don't foresee any sweeping changes at the county lock up in the near future.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 06:22:42 AM »
They'll just look for camera blind spots.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 04:03:39 PM »
All three officers have been suspended, and that was a while ago (July). Article here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4744588/Three-cops-suspended-repeatedly-tasering-teen.html

The charges against one officer are in addition to the suspension and one or both of the other officers could also be charged at any point going forward. 'The wheels of justice grind slowly but exceedingly fine'.
-unknown

I have no idea how this works in the UK but this criminal action (the officer being charged) will hugely fuel the civil lawsuit already launched by the victim, both as far as the likelihood the victim will win as well as increasing damages.

Brian

reading that/watching the embedded news report it sounds to me like the individual being charged is being made a scapegoat.

I would be less cynical if 2 or 3 of the others involved had also been charged with some sort of offence.

As for the sheriff's comments that he had not seen all the video previously  well, maybe he should have reviewed it before commenting initially.

Nah. something smells and it ain't my socks ;)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 02:24:29 AM »
We all know too well about the wheels of Justice turning slowly sometimes.

Take the Hillsborough disaster , its taken 28 years to get the Senior Police Officers involved charged (although admittedly this is an exceptional example)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster

All three officers have been suspended, and that was a while ago (July). Article here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4744588/Three-cops-suspended-repeatedly-tasering-teen.html

The charges against one officer are in addition to the suspension and one or both of the other officers could also be charged at any point going forward. 'The wheels of justice grind slowly but exceedingly fine'.
-unknown

I have no idea how this works in the UK but this criminal action (the officer being charged) will hugely fuel the civil lawsuit already launched by the victim, both as far as the likelihood the victim will win as well as increasing damages.

Brian
--
space reserved for humourous sig file