Author Topic: Dear Entertainers  (Read 4603 times)

Offline Conrad

Dear Entertainers
« on: October 15, 2017, 07:17:28 AM »

Professional athletes can be added to the above.   
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Dear Entertainers
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 07:27:29 AM »
+1
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 07:41:21 AM »
 :goodpost:

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 08:32:25 AM »
But ... but ... Leonardo DiCaprio is currently telling me all I need to know about climate change. Surely he is an expert. I mean, he's a real good actor, and that is bound to transfer over and automatically make somebody an expert on most or all other topics. After all he has the microphone, and the camera is on him. So I for one trust him to know what's best, and to tell me.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 09:16:22 AM »
DiCaprio may not be an expert, but assuming that he is not a total bimbo he could be getting information from experts and forming an informed opinion? Regrettably, our celebrity obsessed culture places greater weight on the opinion of the DiCaprios of this world, than the opinion of shmucks like me or you, or even the real experts. Do not discount the star power of entertainers. After all, we sent one to the highest office in the land.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 09:46:26 AM »
DiCaprio may not be an expert, but assuming that he is not a total bimbo he could be getting information from experts and forming an informed opinion? Regrettably, our celebrity obsessed culture places greater weight on the opinion of the DiCaprios of this world, than the opinion of shmucks like me or you, or even the real experts. Do not discount the star power of entertainers. After all, we sent one to the highest office in the land.

As he fires up his private jet to go to Davos to tell me I'm bad for driving an SUV.  Don't think so.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 09:53:13 AM »

Are you talking about the current entertainer or Ronnie?    ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 10:12:23 AM »
As he fires up his private jet to go to Davos to tell me I'm bad for driving an SUV.  Don't think so.

But you are conflating the possibility of hypocrisy on his part, with whether he should shut up because he's not an expert. What happened to Freedom of Speech, etc.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 10:12:32 AM »
Watch and barf:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64G5FfG2Xpg

I do demand a plan- but they won't like it.

Here is a better video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA3eoSWouac

Oh, you might like this one too:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-6z2b3RvdM
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 10:15:02 AM »
Are you talking about the current entertainer or Ronnie?    ;)

Ronnie was an entertainer but also Governor of California. The current circus is quite unprecedented.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 10:28:30 AM »
Ronnie was an entertainer but also Governor of California. The current circus is quite unprecedented.

Yeah....and don't forget Ahhnold, and many others:

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls000025899/

A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 11:04:09 AM »
But you are conflating the possibility of hypocrisy on his part, with whether he should shut up because he's not an expert. What happened to Freedom of Speech, etc.
It is not a possibility it is a fact. He has the same freedom of speech as any other American citizen. I have the freedom to call him and others out as frauds and to express my dislike by not contributing to their well being. And you can throw the NFL whiners in the same sinking ship.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 07:10:32 PM »
 :popcorn:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2017, 08:11:16 PM »
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2017, 08:32:36 PM »
I like popcorn, especially caramel...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 04:34:49 AM »
Yeah....and don't forget Ahhnold, and many others:

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls000025899/

That's quite the list! It seems that the term 'entertainer' is used pretty loosely for some of those...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 05:26:33 AM »
Don't forget that we have entertainers here as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 06:05:21 AM »
I don't know- I'd toss Trump off the entertainer list.  His show was secondary to having gained (and lost and regained) his wealth.  But then, would "You're fired" have meant anything on the campaign trail?  Was it his wealth, and therefore perceived lack of dependence on special interest groups that got him elected?  Or did his firing of people on the Apprentice help him along?  I think a combination of the two..

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 08:58:30 AM »
I don't know- I'd toss Trump off the entertainer list.  His show was secondary to having gained (and lost and regained) his wealth.  But then, would "You're fired" have meant anything on the campaign trail?  Was it his wealth, and therefore perceived lack of dependence on special interest groups that got him elected?  Or did his firing of people on the Apprentice help him along?  I think a combination of the two..

Ha, neither: It was Hillary.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:40:01 PM by Conniesaki »

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 09:43:37 AM »
He, neither: It was Hillary.
How did she help him win the primaries? I'm not saying he should not have, just asking.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours